Discovery Sport Forum banner
441 - 460 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
RPR said:
tseug said:
RPR said:
On HSE's you now need a 64GB usb drive due to the size of the update.
Not everyone does...see my post from yesterday.
Well I'm refering to the map package that came with the car
RPR is quite correct in his assertion, certainly from a UK Market derivatives perspective. Please note my post on April 27th - a 32Gb USB has not had sufficient space on it for Europe/Russia Maps since November/December last year (2019).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is why it needs to be either incrimental or the ability to only select the countries you want/need.

G

·
SarahStreet said:
RPR said:
tseug said:
Not everyone does...see my post from yesterday.
Well I'm refering to the map package that came with the car
RPR is quite correct in his assertion, certainly from a UK Market derivatives perspective. Please note my post on April 27th - a 32Gb USB has not had sufficient space on it for Europe/Russia Maps since November/December last year (2019).
SarahStreet, you provide a lot of excellent and accurate information on here and presumably work for, or close to, JLR.
On this occasion you are however wrong.

I'm in Lancashire (still part of the UK), I have a UK market DS as per my signature and as I have said...I have so far ONLY used a 32GB USB3 card to update my Europe & Russia maps including the most recent update this week. I even gave the details of the sizes the Here system used by JLR quoted. I can upload screenshots of each stage showing those sizes and the card details.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I think you guys are mixing up ICT (SD Card) and ICTPro (USB stick).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yep, that's why I use a USB drive not an SD card.

·
Registered
290 Posts
and I definitely agree that a cheaper subscription, say £50, for a 3 year UK Only map update service would be a great idea. I'm sure the majority of JLR's European sales are into the UK market and I personally have no intention of ever taking my DS to Europe.

Roy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2016 Discovery Sport HSE lux which I don't believe has ever been updated.

Map updater is showing the latest available map to be 28.4.10727, from looking at this thread that would have the latest available version providing 2018 map data.

Is that it for the 2016 model now, seems that nothing more up to date is coming now? or is there a way to get more recent map info?

·
Registered
616 Posts
28.4.10727 is the latest version for inControl Touch (DS MY15-19) and was released in Sept 2019 and has data from 2018 Q4.
Offline maps are always about a year out of date compared to when they are released. I am running data from 2017 Q1 and not got lost!

You'll notice quite a difference if you buy the latest maps, get your inControl Touch updated to version 3.6 and copy your SD card contents to a new fast class 10 SD card (this speeds up the whole system, eg post code input, route calculation etc. and gives you a back up).

InControl Versions:
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9454&start=20#p112941

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
770 Posts
After trying for months to update my maps with no success I brought my computer to a local shop to see why. After checking every thing over it seemed my sd card reader was showing all sd cards as locked on Windows 10. Reader worked on android and old laptop. So a new reader for $15.00 and then Was able to update. Amazed that all my favourites where still there. Took a long time to download but it seems to be from Hungary so they may just have no high speed.

Performance seems OK but will try to copy to a faster card for backup . It seems to be good advise

·
Administrator
770 Posts
I had tested the update and every thing seemed to work OK?

Today I entered several places as favourites and drove around looking for used car for grandson. Grandson asked what happened to the car? The annoying turn left or right message followed a second later by the same message was changed. Now it is the old turn left in x metres and then just one more turn message. So much more relaxing.

On a long stretch of road display green arrow on dash appears more than a KM ahead, even in city.

·
Administrator
770 Posts
Yesterday I copied all the information to a faster SD card and new card works great , maybe faster or not. Stored my original Land Rover SD card in the original factory box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Canuk said:
Yesterday I copied all the information to a faster SD card and new card works great , maybe faster or not. Stored my original Land Rover SD card in the original factory box.
novice here
how do you copy sd contents to a faster sd card
and also how do i upgrade unit software

mine is 2016 touch with buttons on each side

many thanks
Dug

·
Registered
51 Posts
By faster, it means it's read speed.

I copied my LR nav map to a SanDisk Ultra SDXC Class 10 64 gb.
Then updated that disc via the LR map updater. Good results.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Dugsoft said:
Canuk said:
novice here
how do you copy sd contents to a faster sd card
and also how do i upgrade unit software

mine is 2016 touch with buttons on each side

many thanks
Dug
Copy contents of LR SD Card to a folder on your PC hard disk, then out new SD Card in and copy from hard disk to new SD Card.

System software upgrade is a dealer job.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Coming into this discussion late and from a different post, I have now tried to update my In Control Touch SD Card.

Unfortunately, using the JLR map updater on my In Control Touch SD card indicates that no updates are available. So the dealer is correct., there is no update. The information is 9.12.38 669223/JLRNLIFC6EU/HMEU27.1.10033 if anyone can decode that but I think it is a 2020 update with maps up to October 2018.
So it means mean that the maps on my system are as delivered with my new car in November 2018 and actually do not include some road updates already opened in earlier2018 (such as the revised A57 junction with the A1). It means anything opened since my car was new such as the A14/A1 Huntingdon by-pass and the South Manchester A555 extension, both opened in late 2019 are not covered.

When much cheaper cars get frequent updates as well as expensive ones (Mercedes) and I can still get free updates for an extremely old Navman on screen device, what is the point in having a built in model which ages with the car? Updates to the DVD which was on my previous Freelander were available every six to nine months although at a cost.

It really is a JLR own goal.

Anyone know something better?

·
Registered
616 Posts
aingarth said:
Coming into this discussion late and from a different post, I have now tried to update my In Control Touch SD Card.

Unfortunately, using the JLR map updater on my In Control Touch SD card indicates that no updates are available. So the dealer is correct., there is no update. The information is 9.12.38 669223/JLRNLIFC6EU/HMEU27.1.10033 if anyone can decode that but I think it is a 2020 update with maps up to October 2018.
So it means mean that the maps on my system are as delivered with my new car in November 2018 and actually do not include some road updates already opened in earlier2018 (such as the revised A57 junction with the A1). It means anything opened since my car was new such as the A14/A1 Huntingdon by-pass and the South Manchester A555 extension, both opened in late 2019 are not covered.

When much cheaper cars get frequent updates as well as expensive ones (Mercedes) and I can still get free updates for an extremely old Navman on screen device, what is the point in having a built in model which ages with the car? Updates to the DVD which was on my previous Freelander were available every six to nine months although at a cost.

It really is a JLR own goal.

Anyone know something better?
No , your maps are not up-to-date, as has been said in another thread.

Please use the forum search function and you will find the full map version history:

Version, Date Released, Date of Actual Maps
JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEEU2014Q1;20140828) (2014 Q1) Original ~2015
25.3.9550 Sept 2016 (2015 Q3)
26.1.9780 Feb 2017 (2016 Q1)
26.3.9908 June 2017 (2016 Q3)
27.1.10033 Sept 2018 (2017 Q1)
27.3.10292 Dec 2018 (2017 Q3)
28.1.10507 May 2019 (2018 Q1)
28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4)

From the app, you need to select buy new maps, not update.

Your map data is from Sept 2018 (covering up to 2017 Q1) and you can buy 28.4.10727 Sept 2019 (2018 Q4) for £97 using the map updater app.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Came across a website today, https://gpsmapapp.com/

Using their chat link I was told they had a map update for my 2016 Disco Sport. Minutes later I had a phone call from their New York agent offering to install the full update on my laptop at a cost of £3. It was so cheap because LR supply free lifetime updates with new cars, they said. They wanted to link into my laptop there and then to install the update. The link would expire in 5 minutes so I had to act immediately!!!

Well, why would I doubt them? Why would I feel a but suspicious?

Anyone else come across these guys?

441 - 460 of 488 Posts