Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the fusebox is on 2020my DS?
Gone to connect dashcam in the new P200SE and there aren't any fuses behind the glovebox.
Loving the new model, huge improvement over my 16.5my D180SETech

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found in iguide, it's under the glovebox not behind it, now to get into it

·
Registered
919 Posts
The layout is available to view on Topix. I don't recommend anything anymore, as offering advice on this forum in the past very nearly cost me my employment back in the summer. So sorry, no recommendations from me. A good dealer tech will be happy to help in exchange for a beer token, I am sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi

I had a bit of a nightmare with my Nextbase dashcam installation.

Halfords chose to piggyback off the driving aid fuse which disabled the adaptive cruise, LKA, front collision assist, and the traffic sign recognition. Harwoods Croydon fixed it by ripping out the piggybacking, although they didn't provide an alternative, just left it disconnected. Should have complained but they didn't charge me.

I'm in the process of putting a complaint together to Halfords their booking system is awful - on two occasions I've made a confirmed booking and when I've arrived the auto electrics technician hasn't been available. I understand the bookings are outsourced in South Africa and there is no real confirmation other than a poorly maintained diary.

In the meantime @dghdgh did you manage to select a fuse that worked? I'd be happy to use something like the USB hub (no 32 I think) but they are difficult to locate and the piggyback is quite tight.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Behind glovebox fuse 52 cigar lighter or fuse 53 one provides a permanent live and one becomes live when unlocking and dead after locking (times out).

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks.

Is there an easy way to access the fuses that are hidden away behind the glove box?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Long mystery finally resolved.

After several abortive attempts to get Halfords to reinstall the dashcam, including at least three visits to find the fitter was 'not available', I finally had it repaired at another branch. They were surprised and sceptical that the original fitter had chosen to piggyback off a safety system - the driving aids. A fundamental auto electrician's no-go area. So they consulted the online manual and have taken the feed from the heated steering wheel (#41), a comfort system.

It all seems OK - dashcams working - I'm assuming the Intelligent parking feature uses the stored battery power to start recording if the car is hit. The heated steering wheel light seems to work, but I can't sense any heat - although other topics seem to cover this. I wonder if there's a rheostat setting that needs some adjustment by JLR.

Otherwise happy :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed mine (P300e MY2021) and had a right nightmare, there is no "map" for the fuses suplied, just numbers and function in the electronic manual - which is attrocious - which would be ok if you could actually read the numbers! I ended up working by trial and error, had a couple of hariy moments but all good inthe end. Dashcam nhowever needs moving as I put it too close to the mirror mount unit and the GPS signal is awful due to the windscreen wireing for demist/defrost. Apparently if you put it just under the black dotted sections the signal is better.
otherwise all good including the wired rear which I fed though above the roof lining and through the wire sock into the tailgate (this was a bit fiddly but not impossible).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed mine (P300e MY2021) and had a right nightmare, there is no "map" for the fuses suplied, just numbers and function in the electronic manual - which is attrocious - which would be ok if you could actually read the numbers! I ended up working by trial and error, had a couple of hariy moments but all good inthe end. Dashcam nhowever needs moving as I put it too close to the mirror mount unit and the GPS signal is awful due to the windscreen wireing for demist/defrost. Apparently if you put it just under the black dotted sections the signal is better.
otherwise all good including the wired rear which I fed though above the roof lining and through the wire sock into the tailgate (this was a bit fiddly but not impossible).
Which fuse did you used to piggy back? Trying to identify the cigarette fuse but can't find a mapping or diagram of the latest passenger fuse box to wire in dashcam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts