Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete

Just a few questions, no rush to get an answer as we're still 5 months out!

• Do you know when the MY16 with the new engines will begin production in the factory?
  • When are the first deliveries expected?
  • At what point should an order be allocated a build date?

Thanks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Nino,

The 16MY expected deliveries are scheduled to commence September 2015. However retailers should have demonstrators during August.

They will be offered with the 2.0L Diesel engine, this is outlined in the ebrochure which can be downloaded now for the 16MY.

Build slots will be allocated shortly as we approach the start of production for these vehicles, which is currently scheduled for approximately July/August. When you receive your confirmation will depend on the order it is submitted to us and how many orders are in front of yours at present not only from the individual retailer but overall.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ordered my HSE 2.0 on 8th May, once the Ingenium engine versions were on the configurator. Agreed that it would be September delivery as current Freelander running well and doing a trade-in (added bonus of having a 65-plate car when I take my cherished number off to sell it, although not precious about getting it on September 1st).

Being in the automotive industry, I appreciate that the tooling and fixture changes would happen in the summer factory shutdown at Halewood to facilitate the line for 16MY build.

My dealer salesman has been in touch this week to let me know that he has a 'date-to-dealer' of 25th Sept for my car so handover 2-3 days later (but to remain aware that this could change). That's in the diary and looking forward to it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Really something to look forward to! Will get my DS during the same week

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I was informed LR shutting down from today for summer break and when they return the tooling will be set up for production of MY16 :?

My delivery date is 1/9 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've a build date for mine. August 21. How long before it gets to my UK dealer?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Mine is 24th and expecting delivery 1/9 if I don't cancel order :?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I keep getting waves of childish excitement about this.

·
Registered
533 Posts
ordered 15th July, build 16th oct, Handover 11th Nov.

A long old wait...

·
Registered
9 Posts
So JLR still shut down for the summer, how quaint.

Ordered 20 July, "planned Handover 23 December" - I assume this isn't a record but I really don't think I'll have it by Christmas, so we are looking at January. On ordering I was told 15 October :eek:

DS 2.0D HSE, Kaikoura, Ebony, Spare wheel, Privacy glass, 2nd Row USBs

·
Registered
502 Posts
Rohan said:
So JLR still shut down for the summer, how quaint
Rohan, I know it is frustrating having to wait, we have all had to do it/are doing it. but, it is not unusual for any car factory to shut down over Summer. It allows for maintainence on the line, change of tooling for a new model year and means all your staff can go on holiday at the same time. Instead of having staff shortages over the summer that could lead to production delays.

When I was ordering my DS the wait for an X3 was similar, including a summer showdown at BMW's US factory. The popularity of Premium SUV's seems to effect all manufacturers and there are waiting lists for most makes and models of similar lengths.

Your DS will be here soon enough, hopefully as will mine! At least you can spend the time on this forum whilst you're waiting!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jaguar Land Rover will unveil new, exciting models and showcase its latest pioneering technologies during this year's Frankfurt International Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA). On its largest stand ever, Jaguar Land Rover will display 19 vehicles from its portfolio, including the all-new Jaguar F-PACE and the Land Rover Discovery Sport Dynamic.

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/jlr-corp/news/2015/09/jlr-frankfurt-2015-080915/

Who knows what kind of version?

·
Registered
829 Posts
No idea but keen to see:

"Land Rover will revealthe new Discovery Sport Dynamic at the Frankfurt Motor Show. This new Dynamic version of Land Rover's latest SUV offers a series of interior and exterior design updates that enhance its sporty appeal."

Finally that black pack with narvik black pedestrian airbag and gloss black bumper inserts (see Evoque HSE Dynamic Black for reference)?

May also feature rumoured 210bhp diesel version

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.