1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I like it .... I also have the bonnet vents

·
Registered
149 Posts
Could you give some comments on the cover around the gear selection dial? I believe this could be the first upgrade as soon as I get my DS.

Does it improve the hard plastic feeling? Where to buy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can wrap the plastic parts ... I have resisted doing the centre console till all my rattles have been rectified by the dealer

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paul. I really like the look of the bonnet vents.

Geonic, the center council cover is quite a nice upgrade. Better than the thin plastic previously. This is a cover piece that goes directly onto the existing with adhesive tape. Installation is less than a minute. The color match is good with rest of aluminum parts of the interior. If you have black interior like I do, with all the Matt chrome pieces really give the inside of car a nice upgrade. It looks way better in person when sit in the car than my photo.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Disco,

Do you not get a lot of reflective sunlight from that centre console?

D

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am more concerned with scratches. Ebay advert states metal but it is painted plastic

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
I am more concerned with scratches. Ebay advert states metal but it is painted plastic
they are plastic, so yes they can be scratched. if that is a concern, do not get the center council piece. everything else is fine. I am really careful of mine, it has not had any scratches yet. speaking of scratches, the glossy black window pillars on the black pack are highly scratchable. I already had mine replaced by dealer once, and they are full of spider swirls again.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Its on Ebay along with 10 other "aluminium discovery sport" parts. Just use that search

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do these after market parts from eBay match exactly the already originally installed OEM chrome parts, or see they a different finish?

·
Registered
829 Posts
You can't have these parts from LR in silver look

·
Registered
353 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
You can't have these parts from LR in silver look
Hi Kaikoura,
I realise that LR don't make these add on parts, I was just wondering if the eBay add on parts match the other chrome/silver parts already contained within the DS. My concern would be if they didn't and I purchased these add ons from eBay I would be annoyed if I had effectively two different chrome/silver finishes within the cockpit of the car.
Hope that clarifies.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
353 Posts
Disco said:
They do match
Thanks Disco. Was just hard to tell from photos and eBay if this was the case.

Cheers :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.