Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I picked up my DS, just under 2 weeks delays transporting to the dealers

I'm so impressed with the car, it seems a massive leap forward from my FL2 (2007). I went for the Black car with Black pack and the Ebony headlining - I like Black! The glass roof makes the inside feel bigger with the light coming in.

My highlights so far:

Engine - I think it is extremely smooth, responsive and quiet. My FL2 is definitely the tractor of the two!
Manual Gearbox - No issues, smooth, faultless
Keyless Entry - getting used to it but I like it. Hasn't effected my insurance negatively it seems either.
Adaptive Headlights - Wow, never seen these working before and they are really useful on the back roads of Suffolk
Infotainment - Works really well, few glitches with my iPod but I'm still learning
Traffic Recognition - works fine, no real need yet as haven't been on any roads I don't know yet, but works
Auto Dimming Mirror - So glad to have this again. Had it years ago on my Ford Mondeo but not on my FL2
Lane Departure warning - nice addition
Automatic Boot - nice addition as well
Pedestrian Airbag - Phew, Works a treat (....only joking)

The ride seems really smooth, much quieter than my FL2 and seating position is fine. It also feels really big with lots of room for everyone.

Like many on the forum, I don't understand the negative points referred to in many of the car reviews online - I think they just already make their mind up that LR is not a BMW so must be bad!

My teenage children love the new "Batmobile" car

Here are some photos (none of the inside sorry)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
That looks the biz!

I've only driven mine 60 miles, but totally love it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Blimey - it's VERY black!!!!

Nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like it very much

·
Registered
230 Posts
Blimey! It is PIMPED! Smart, but I think a little too much for my wife's car!

·
Registered
163 Posts
You should order some SE front and rear valances (they are black) to complete the look, they are on my shopping list. Anyone got part numbers for these?

Get the bonnet airbag cover colour matched for a few quid, if you've gone this far I'd consider it a worthy investment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
She is looking good. Good pics.
Enjoy.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, privacy glass, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, spare wheel, traffic sign recognition, 3 additional USBs, service pack. Delivery to dealer end of March. Date TBC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your DS in Black looks stunning, great pictures. I'm the same as you loving my new DS, I've not really found anything not to like apart from the coin holder I think they had the U.S. market in mind for that one, I don't have anywhere to put my £1 coin for the shopping trolley :eek:......... :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great pics. I've ordered exactly the same spec but with side steps, and was told today it's on a transporter somewhere between Liverpool and Berkshire! Fingers crossed I'll get to see it soon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
adam.d.lloyd said:
Get the bonnet airbag cover colour matched for a few quid, if you've gone this far I'd consider it a worthy investment.
There has been a bulletin on TOPIx advising dealers NOT to colour code / paint the pedestrian airbag cover :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Natwest said:
adam.d.lloyd said:
There has been a bulletin on TOPIx advising dealers NOT to colour code / paint the pedestrian airbag cover :(
When I queried with the dealer why the airbag cover wasn't colour coded he mentioned something about having to heat seal the paint which causes the airbag cover to become brittle and shatter - not sure whether he was spinning me a yarn or not but there's probably some safety issue that's preventing it being done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer was Lookers LandRover Colchester Essex

Overall they were pretty good. " week delay getting the car through build then transported and with a little chasing from me they did keep me up to date.

Funny thing I noticed today. I have been having a rattling coming from the passenger door and thought, oh no something is loose on the car. I've only had it a week and I've really been the only person in it. I checked the passenger door bin and there was a glasses case with some quite nice (as I'd know) woman's sunglasses.

Appears in the "Days to sort things out" at the dealers between transport arriving and them preparing it for me they may have shown a few customers around the car. I suppose dealers don't often have lots of different versions and colours to show off. I don't think the car had been on any test drives it had 16 on the clock when I got it. oh well rattle sorted!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Extremely black - and it works well. What you could imagine MI5 operatives dashing around in!

·
Registered
677 Posts
FBI :lol: you don't have Red and Blue lights behind the grill do you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks awesome. Have ordered the same, black, black and a bit more black. Shame mines now stuck at the Dealers with the current issues...enjoy!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great choice. Just ordered the same so it's good to see how it'll look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry to ask bit do you have any pictures of the interior. I assume you went with the black headlining and I was thinking about adding this to my spec but haven't seen it in the flesh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts