Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do the MPG figures shown on the small screen selected by the i button on the end of the indicator stalk differ from those shown in Eco information page on the main colour touch screen . Sometimes one is higher than the other by 2 or 3 mpg then vice versa. I would have assumed they were based on the same data collection?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My guess, the one in the binnacle counts the average from when you last reset the trip counter, the one on the big screen resets automatically every time you start.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, although I set the trip at the beginning of the journey, I did have a couple of engine restarts. I will check that out.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Mac, how is the car performing in all other respects?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
IF you dig into the "historical" MPG readings you should find about six bar-graphs, one for "current trip"< one for "last three", but then also one for "Best ever" and one each for the two resettable trips, your main dash display is probably showing you Trip A: - I hope that those two are the same!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've now used two full tanks of petrol. In both cases, the trip computer mpg was optimistic - the latest tankful, the trip showed 38.5 mpg, while my actual mpg was 36.2. Neither figure is great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi PedroT. My 2.0 auto is late on delivery so I'm using the dealers 2.2 auto at present, probally for a couple of weeks!. I will post again when Ive compared the figures from the 2 models. With the 2.2 I'm getting 38 mpg and not exceeding 75mph. Most of my driving is motorway and A roads and I've been as light on the throttle as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MPG, completed some 2.5k now both towing and solo. Towing seems to return between 25 to 28 MPG depending on conditions whereas normal driving is providing around 41 MPG, guess it's all about how you drive. I've a mix of short and long trips 20 to 25 miles mostly towing tends to be around the 100 miles mark. Difference between the readouts might be due to how they work, ie one is trip based and one is fuel tank based both average out. My old Freelander returned around 28 towing and around 40 in normal driving so the DS is not that different. DS is of course Auto whereas the Freelander was a manual. Did get over 50MPG on a trip to Wales though.
Safetyman

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Gordon said:
I've now used two full tanks of petrol. In both cases, the trip computer mpg was optimistic - the latest tankful, the trip showed 38.5 mpg, while my actual mpg was 36.2. Neither figure is great.
I use an android app on my phone to track actual mpg and it's pretty close to what the trip computer is telling me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Ccomley wrote
My guess, the one in the binnacle counts the average from when you last reset the trip counter, the one on the big screen resets automatically every time you start."

Yes looks like the figure in the Eco data resets with each ignition off. But resetting the a trip after an ignition off still does not give matching figures at any time. Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys. Is there a way to reset the mpg figures on the screen data in Eco Data. My best ever trip is showing 58 mpg and I think this was the factory test or maybe the first running of the car as I can't get anywhere near 58 mpg!!! Any ideas? . Just would like to reset best ever data and start again !

·
Registered
353 Posts
gwcatterall said:
Hi guys. Is there a way to reset the mpg figures on the screen data in Eco Data. My best ever trip is showing 58 mpg and I think this was the factory test or maybe the first running of the car as I can't get anywhere near 58 mpg!!! Any ideas? . Just would like to reset best ever data and start again !
Yes, I did this the other day, but can't for the life of me remember how :oops:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Please remember! Otherwise my record is 64 mpg for two miles downhill :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Natwest said:
Please remember! Otherwise my record is 64 mpg for two miles downhill :)
I'd go and take a look for you but the wife is away for a few days with the car. I would just keep quiet though and make everyone jealous in the mpg thread. Plus it will keep your average mpg high so you can feel real good about it and not down in the dumps about it only achieving 30+ mpg :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.