Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Has anyone ordered this or got any experience of the ambient lighting in a DS?

The only lighting aspect i can change on mine is the centre console, the door bins etc don't adjust. Is this correct?

KR

D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not got mine yet, I was hoping more than just the center consul would be configurable.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think this one has it in the doors.

Do you have the standard mood lighting or the optional (standard HSE Lux) customer configurable mood lighting?

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
In his signature it says LUX

·
Registered
677 Posts
I posted from a mobile, not everything displayed correctly.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had the same question. Option is not too expensive on a HSE but does it really make a difference? Maybe somebody who has their DS can take a picture in the dark?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
This is a guess at present, however on the D3/4 a lot of the electronic functions are there they just need switching on via someone with a laptop the right software and know how. I added and updated a lot on the D3, I may have to wait 6-12 months before someone the right software is available to us mortals, then I can play.

·
Registered
829 Posts
That would be very cool (please also switch on my ACC, Head Up display and 2 turbo ;-))

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guy's - yes its a HSE Lux.

Had a word with the dealer about the configurations he has confirmed that its only the centre console that is configurable the rest are standard white light. It does look good btw but was surprised it doesn't include the rest of the lighting which would make sense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello Deehamps

I thought I had seen this some where, and now found the video, if you look at this link
the lights in the doors change from red to green. Hope this helps

·
Registered
114 Posts
mood lighting for moody people? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I received my DS HSE Lux today and I can confirm that the mood lighting changes colour all around the car and not just the centre console.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The handbook states that standard ambient lighting is white only.The Lux has 5 different colours that all areas change.Variable is a 200 pound extra if specified below Lux.Quite expensive but as I have a Lux on order I am looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pictures please LRDSport!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discovery Sport 2.0 (Ingenium 180) HSE Lux Corris Grey, privacy glass, mud flaps, retractable tow bar, adaptive Xenon lights, Delivered 12th November 2015

The ambient lighting is a joke. Limited colour choices and only changes the colour of the centre console, not the footwells or door pockets. My wife's Mini Cooper S does the lot

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
mikei51 said:
Discovery Sport 2.0 (Ingenium 180) HSE Lux Corris Grey, privacy glass, mud flaps, retractable tow bar, adaptive Xenon lights, Delivered 12th November 2015

The ambient lighting is a joke. Limited colour choices and only changes the colour of the centre console, not the footwells or door pockets. My wife's Mini Cooper S does the lot
You are correct Mike, rubbish but also changes the colour of the lights running along each of the four doors but has to be dark to see it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmm. Where on the doors? Sat out there in the dark last night and couldn't see anything else change. Does the white in the door pockets overshadow it?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
There is line that runs the full length of each door about 6 inches from the bottom of the window, the only 2 colours that are in any way useful are blue and red as the 3 other colours look the same.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.