Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or to be exact not working, neither of the door handle lamps or the one above the center consul are coming on at all, the slots are their, I am presuming they have not been activated, anyone else got this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Press the centre light in the overhead console for 4 seconds, this will activate mood lighting

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gate, I did try that but it did't work for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Moose,

From memory only the configurable ambient lighting has the led strips on the centre stack and spots in the door handles and door pockets.

I think yours is the none configurable so you will just have the blue phosphorus strips between the top roll and insert panel of all the door cards. Slots will still be present due to carry over parts.

Another SE/HSE owner might be able to correct me though

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I know I should but there is no light, blue white or any colour.
There are no lights to be seen other than the dashboard lights ( apart from the courtesy door lamps) which is strange, maybe I have accidently switch them off?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will pop back to the dealers and ask, if the battery goes flat again it will need to be looked at anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
From memory, all I have on my HSE is standard/white footwell lighting on driver and passenger. I recall seeing the door panel and centre console lighting in the promotional videos of the car but as it wasn't on my car, I now think they are only available with the configurable mood lighting (which may be standard only on HSE Lux). Disappointing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Moose

If you have mood lighting there will be an option on the touch screen to change the colour etc,

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are lights (white) in the door cards of the hse, but they are very dim. Hardly noticeable. If you have the car on, open the door and look at it side ways on you can see them. Hardly noticeable though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fizzpop said:
There are lights (white) in the door cards of the hse, but they are very dim. Hardly noticeable. If you have the car on, open the door and look at it side ways on you can see them. Hardly noticeable though.
totally agree there are some but they are very very faint, to the point that you wouldn't realise they are actually there.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just played about with the configurable mood lighting on my car and what I would say is don't be too disappointed if you haven't got it, it isn't very exciting.

The spec says the HSE has downlighters and footwell lights.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely got no lights in the door cards, the door handle backs have a small slot in the top which could or should contain a led, I was hoping it would be like the D4 which would illuminate the handles.

Oh well it's summer ( nearly) I will have to fit something by the time the clock go back

·
Registered
32 Posts
The configuration on the LR website shows "blue" lights on the side of the centre console for the standard mood lighting. Do you have these??

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, I went and parked up last night on the way back from our Land Rover club meet in a dark lane (good job no one saw me) and had a good look, all I have is a small white rectangular light on the roof.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chazman88 said:
The configuration on the LR website shows "blue" lights on the side of the centre console for the standard mood lighting. Do you have these??
is was mentioned in a post somewhere else I think. 550 confirmed what should be there.. Centre lights are only on the configurable mood lighting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The website is incorrect. The LED rods (2x behind aluminium finishers, 1x above 'fireplace') are only called for on configurable lighting. Those 3 rods plus the four strips in the doors are 5 way colour configurable. In addition there will be blue phosphorus LEDs in the interior door handle bowls and door pockets, these again only called for on configurable.

The standard mood will only have the signature strips in the doors. These will be phosphorus blue but there will be nothing in the door handles or door pockets.

Moose,

The signature strips in the doors seem to be in sync with the illumination of the buttons on the doors. As you turn your sidelights on and off the strips should function the same as your global door lock buttons and driver switchpacks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Moose said:
Or to be exact not working, neither of the door handle lamps or the one above the center consul are coming on at all, the slots are their, I am presuming they have not been activated, anyone else got this?
Hi Moose, did you check the dimmer down by your right knee ?
Mine, even on full brightness are very hard to see unless its pitch black outside, and then still hard to see.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.