HSE for me

·
Registered
89 Posts
HSE Auto for me

·
Registered
97 Posts
Upgraded SE Tech for me. Prefer the slightly darker badging/grill/vents on the SE but wanted the toys, so I've gone for the Tech and added on bigger wheels, pana roof, privacy glass, heated steering wheel etc. I'm pleased cos I've basically got a HSE specced car (minus a couple of bits I wasn't bothered about) in a colour combo I love, and saved a couple of grand into the bargain.

·
Registered
829 Posts
HSE since the Luxury version didn't add much beyond parking aids. Do find the inconsistancy of tan leather interior on luxury version with black leather dash still weird...

·
Registered
58 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
HSE since the Luxury version didn't add much beyond parking aids. Do find the inconsistancy of tan leather interior on luxury version with black leather dash still weird...
HSE Lux added a lot more than just parking aids ;)

- Seats in Windsor leather with ten-way memory adjustment
- Climate heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats
- Heated leather steering wheel
- Land Rover InControlTM Apps
- Parallel / Perpendicular Park Assist
- Illuminated aluminium treadplates
- Customer configurable interior mood lighting - Front and rear premium carpet mats
- 19 inch nine-spoke 'Style 902' alloy wheels.
- Noble plated upper and lower door handles - Tailgate finisher in Atlas
- Fog lamp surrounds in Atlas.

·
Registered
78 Posts
But how much of the Lux "goodies" will actually be used once the novelty wears off. I had the same debate when going from my FL2 HSE Lux to DS HSE.

·
Registered
323 Posts
HSE Lux with chav pack. Due to company lease deal it's a tiny difference in monthly cost to go HSE to HSE Lux. Then common sense went out the window and I ticked the box for black pack :oops:

·
Registered
677 Posts
*HSE already has 19" wheels just a different design so not really an additional feature
*InControl apps waste of money at the moment
*Fancy parking aids not necceasery IMO
*Heated steering wheel only £185 option on other models
*HSE has carpet mats just not 'premium'
*Configurable mood lighting, my Evoque had it, it stayed on blue for year of ownership
*HSE has heated front seats, no need for heated rear seats, those in the back ain't paying for it, cooled front seats, maybe
*Illuminated tread plates underwhelming and over priced as an option
*Fancy shiny bits around the door handles, not for me
*Different coloured grill, fog light surrounds etc, cost LR pennies to change from black to silver, cost us a fortune
*Memory seats, I'm the only driver
*Windsor leather, doesn't look any better than the grained of the HSE

The above is my opinion, not intended to cause offence to those that have the Lux.

·
Registered
829 Posts
In the Netherlands the Lux version doesnt add as much as in the UK. It does for example not include

- Climate heated and cooled front seats and heated rear seats
- Heated leather steering wheel

Strange to buy the top model in NL and not even have heated front seats, a CD player, Upgraded navigation, DAB etc. most people here also choose HSE while the HSE Lux is very close in price to a Volvo XC90 (with standard 7 seats while DS only has 5 seats as standard)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am slightly amused at the cheek of JLR , the SE model has black girl, fender vents, fog lamp surrounds, tailgate finisher supposedly to indicate it is a lower spec model, then they charge you to swap your shiny bits for black ones as part of the black pack, Also I bet you do not get a discount if you have a black pack on a SE.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I agree J77 and we get even less in NL...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Also they charge you £300 for heated front and rear seats, yet it has heated front seats as standard, so really it's £300 for heated rear seats.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Eur 400 for heated front seats in NL on HSE and even EUR 380 for DAB in NL on HSE

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most of what you've just said J77 also applies to the SE Tech. Exactly why I picked SE Tech and then added on the 'HSE' bits I wanted. Like you, no offence to others, but I didn't see paying for things I wasn't bothered by. I prefer the grill/vents/finisher on the SE Tech anyway.

I've upgraded my alloys, my seats, heated the steering wheel, got the pana roof, the privacy glass and the carpet mats. I don't like bling so I don't want trim on the door handles, don't need heated rear seats, and I've driven in London for the last twenty years so if I needed help parking I'd be in real trouble!
Regarding 'Keyless entry', even my dealer advised against it London because of the available hacks and the desirability of LRs to thieves.

The result is a beautiful car I want/need with nothing I don't, and a couple of grand to put towards a nice watch!!!

FYI - As I understand it, configurable mood lighting is only configurable for the centre console, the rest remains white, is it really necessary?

·
Registered
506 Posts
As I've said elsewhere on this forum, I started out intending to have an SE Tech, but very little between it and HSE once I'd configured both to what I needed. In fact the SE Tech worked out more expensive with all the HSE goodies added, so HSE it is, and will be worth more come trade in time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
J77 said:
*Windsor leather, doesn't look any better than the grained of the HSE

The above is my opinion, not intended to cause offence to those that have the Lux.
I went for the Lux mainly because of the Windsor leather, the dealer had a lux with black leather & a HSE with almond leather and the difference in look & feel was noticeable to me, my current car has nappa extended leather so I was looking for something similar.

Shame they do not offer the Windsor leather as an option on the HSE........or do they !!?? :oops:

I agree with all the other goodies, I would not have added any of them on specifically, but the extra monthly cost on PCP was not great so I loaded it up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Grained leather is thicker and possibly more robust; Windsor leather looks good, is thinner yet LR basically apply 2 thin layers of leather on top of each other to create a softer feel. Windsor leather is harder to stitch and I must say I often see examples in the LR showroom which should not have passed Quality Control. Have a good look before you sign for delivery is my advice...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Did you all know the leather effect is put on with a roller, only companies like Bentley, Rolls etc use the top slice of the leather with the skin print on ( these cow allegedly come from up a mountain is Switzerland where there is no barbed wire to mark the hides), the less expensive car use plane slices and have to add the hide print on after. :geek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.