Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't get one in ours ..... does every-one else get one ....

We did get one with the F/L2 .....???

Pete

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was nothing there in .... ours ..... I asked the dealer ..... still waiting for a reply .... maybe by Christmas ....

Pete

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I don't think you need one now and can't remember seeing one in mine :?

ACTIVE DIESEL MISFUELLING PROTECTION DEVICE

Vehicles with a diesel engine may have an active misfuelling protection device. A metal flap is visible in the filler neck, when the fuel filler cap is removed. The active misfuelling protection device prevents the fuel tank being filled with incorrect fuel, e.g., petrol. Automatic release occurs if a correctly sized, diesel fuel pump filler nozzle is inserted, fully and squarely, into the vehicle's fuel filler neck, as illustrated.
There is a funnel though

RUNNING OUT OF FUEL

CAUTION: Avoid running out of fuel.

If the vehicle does run out of fuel, a minimum of 4 L is required to restart the engine. See FUEL FILLER FLAP.

The vehicle should be left with the ignition on for 5 minutes after refuelling, before attempting to restart the engine. The vehicle needs to be driven for a distance of 1.5 - 5 km, in order to reset the engine management and monitoring systems.

Vehicles with a diesel engine may have an active misfuelling device. A metal flap is visible in the filler neck, when the fuel filler cap is removed. Use the emergency funnel supplied with the vehicle, to refill the fuel tank with a fuel can. Insert the funnel into the filler neck, fully and squarely, to open the active misfuelling device. See ACTIVE DIESEL MISFUELLING PROTECTION DEVICE.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
You're right Muddy, this basically replaces the earlier system.

Apologies if I've caused any confusion. ;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
pierre19 said:
There was nothing there in .... ours ..... I asked the dealer ..... still waiting for a reply .... maybe by Christmas ....

Pete
Have them take one from a demonstator model - they should be able to remember not to put petrol in!!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
ccomley said:
pierre19 said:

Pete
Have them take one from a demonstator model - they should be able to remember not to put petrol in!!
Looks like you don't need it on 2.0, I have one for 2.2..

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should have one! I took delivery on the 1st of a ingenium and had one and even pointed out to me on handover. As previously described p, under the boot floor, looks like a plastic funnel! Won't be a biggy to replace must cost all of 20p!
It's there to push the flap down if you try to mis-fuel

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hmmmmm! When I picked mine up 5 months ago I was told that the plastic funnel was to enable fuelling from a jerry can. Apparently if you don't push that in the fuel pours on your toes. I've never tried it so could be another dealer myth. :0)

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
To clarify the 2.2 has a yellow reset tool

Reset the misfuel protection device as follows:

Insert the reset tool with the teeth uppermost, as far as it will go into the filler neck.

Locate the teeth by pushing down on the top of the reset tool.

With the top of the tool pressed down and the teeth engaged, slowly pull the tool out of the filler neck to reset the device.
and the 2.0 has a funnel for can refilling but the pump nozzle will reset the device normally

Use the emergency funnel supplied with the vehicle, to refill the fuel tank with a fuel can. Insert the funnel into the filler neck, fully and squarely, to open the active misfuelling device.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
To clarify the 2.2 has a yellow reset tool

Reset the misfuel protection device as follows:

Insert the reset tool with the teeth uppermost, as far as it will go into the filler neck.

Locate the teeth by pushing down on the top of the reset tool.

With the top of the tool pressed down and the teeth engaged, slowly pull the tool out of the filler neck to reset the device.
and the 2.0 has a funnel for can refilling but the pump nozzle will reset the device normally

Use the emergency funnel supplied with the vehicle, to refill the fuel tank with a fuel can. Insert the funnel into the filler neck, fully and squarely, to open the active misfuelling device.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah ..... that makes sense .... now ....

The problem is .... Polly has the handbook in the motor .... and I'm looking at a handbook which I've downloaded from TOPix .... which is obviously not the true copy for our vehicle ..... does any-one have the correct link ....

Ta

Pete

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
The handbooks cover all models so will have things in that are not relevant but online this is best you can get http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/ just enter model and year then bookmark for next time :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Charlieian said:
You should have one! I took delivery on the 1st of a ingenium and had one and even pointed out to me on handover. As previously described p, under the boot floor, looks like a plastic funnel! Won't be a biggy to replace must cost all of 20p!
It's there to push the flap down if you try to mis-fuel
I think the point is that it has to be the right diameter - i.e. matching the slightly larger diameter of a diesel pump nozzle. If you get any old funnel that fits, it won't engage to open the metal flap, so you won't be able to push it in. That matches what happens if you tried to fill from a petrol pump nozzle.

I got mine in the rear tool tray of my 2.0 engine in October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I have a range rover vogue 2007. The misfuel cap is engaged and therefore making refuelling a nightmare! I am unable to locate the reset tool in the vehicle anywhere so have been trying to get a replacement. There are different tools available but I am unable to find information on what key is compatible with my vehicle. Is anyone able to direct me to the details needed for me to get the correct one ordered?

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
705 Posts
Beccahandy80 You realize that you are on a forum for Discovery Sport, that was not produced until 2015.

Suggest you try to find a forum for Range Rover.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
When the fuel pump on my 2019 Evoque broke and emptied the tank all over the road, the AA man from Land Rover Assist was trying all sorts to try to open the flap and put a can of diesel in. Eventually I checked the handbook and found that it needed a funnel, which we discovered I had not got. He then had to phone his base, who told him to use the one in the back of his Transit! I've now got a Transit one of my own.
You will also need the funnel if you decide to put any of the commercial additives in your tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts