Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the memory seats worth the extra £625?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If you also get the memory mirrors as part of the pack I would say they are well worth it. Also if different people drive the car that is a bonus rather than having to adjust them each time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends how deep your pockets are.

I don't have them but must say I miss them ( I had them on my old car). The seats have a lot of adjustments and I share a lot with my wife. So is a flaff. That said even if I had my time again I wouldn't spend that much. Personally I think it is shocking it's not a standard feature on HSE atleast.

I know for many cars you can install
Much cheaper as an aftermarket option. Buy switch and install. The wires are usually there (cheaper/easier to have standard wiring looms across the range). I know lr4 owners who've done this for cost of a switch. I guess it may take a while for these to become available and since you have option much less hassle to get it done as factory option.

I'd only consider if you frequently alternate drivers though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks guys. I have it on my d4 HSE with the memory mirrors but it's only ever me who drives it so not sure it's worth it but I may miss it when I don't have it. Is losing something I never use with 625

·
Registered
179 Posts
I paid the extra mainly for the extra direction of seat adjustment - the 8 way seat (no memory) does not have any pitch adjustment to the seat base, just up and down. The 10 way (memory) seat adds pitch adjustment (ie the front of the seat goes up / down to change the seat angle). I find this gives me much improved comfort, certainly no complaints after 400 miles in the seat. I missed it on my last car (FL2 HSE) which did not have that, having had it for 10 years previously on my Merc... The other bonus is the mirror angles down when in reverse, which I think only happens with the memory seats. Obviously it is handy when other drivers may use the car too... Finally, the pax seat also has memory - seems a bit pointless but its there and might prove useful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cannot see how memory can be easily installed as an after fit...memory seats require memory modules to control the memory process the harnesses are different, I designed and built seats for the biggest car seat manufacturer in the world and it is much much more than a switch change.....is the memory ripple count or hall effect? probably Hall effect but not sure on JLR architecture now I just don't see it being easy as a switch change ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, has anyone bought the waterproof seat covers ? If so,are they a good fit and are they worth the money ?

HSE LUX Auto,Corris Grey,Ivory Leather,privacy glass,spare wheel,mud flaps and side steps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mem seats for the extra adjustment and the mirror drop on reverse....

·
Registered
270 Posts
It was one of the reasons I went for HSE over SE (memory seats & mirrors standard on AUS spec HSE) as we only have one car and my wife and I have very different driving positions! I'm curious to see how long it will take to make the adjustment as most electric seats I've seen are quite slow. Also am I correct in thinking it's only operated by the memory buttons in the door? It would be nice if it could be tied to a particular key fob and then start adjusting as soon as it's detected in range :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It used to be on the FL2 HSE that the memory seat positions were different depending which key was being used to start the vehicle. Not sure if it is the same in the DS. this setup means the other driver cannot overwrite your settings.
I paid for the mem seats in DS HSE mainly for the dip on reverse side mirrors, but as yet I have been unable to store the dip position of the mirrors in memory. I think this is an issue on all DS with memory mirrors....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Place car in reverse, adjust mirror to desired position, put car in neutral. Mirrors go back to normal position and next time you select reverse should go to the dipped position you adjusted to. Only works on the passenger side although the drivers side dips a little in reverse.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Creamy said:
Hi, has anyone bought the waterproof seat covers ? If so,are they a good fit and are they worth the money ?
Creamy,

I have seat covers but i didn't pay the £100 or so LR wanted. I got some of Amazon for a Discovery 4 for about £25. They do the job well and quite robust (and waterproof).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I specified memory seats just for the dip on reverse mirrors, however I have the same problem as Philn, the position I want is not getting stored, I have reported this to dealer who is getting new mirrors and control unit to fit in 2 weeks. I hold no hope it will fix it as too many posts here saying the same thing. I expect LR to come out with a big software update very soon as most of the issues raised here sound like software problems to me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I need two memory settings just for myself - one for good visibility in the city, the other for relaxed long trips.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok so I am getting mine back from the dealer, they have not been able to fix the memory positions of the mirrors and have reported it to LR to come back with a software fix! Watch this space!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts