Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my passenger side memory seat will not go back as far as the drivers seat, I'm hoping this isn't normal?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Just checked mine and not much difference in how far they go back, maybe an inch further on drivers side but that's all, sat in passenger side when fully back and can't see it would be a problem for anyone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for checking. Mine are about an inch different too. After head scratching I found my wife had set it too high, lowering it moved it away from the dash, doh! However, I could not save her seat position to memory, the memory button lights when pressed but theres no "ping" and nothing is saved. The manual only talks about saving the drivers side, but there would not be a button for memory if it didn't function, surely?
I'm wondering if this is connected to the fact I cannot memorise dipped mirror position?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Mike

Set the seat position (driver or passenger) press M and then press position 1,2 or 3 . When you press the same button again it should move to the position set. Regarding memorising dipped mirror position, it looks like this only works on passenger side mirror, place car in reverse, adjust passenger side mirror to position you require for reversing, move gear selector out of reverse, next time you select reverse it should go back to the position you selected. Apologies if you have already done this but it works on my car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
MikeR said:
thanks for checking. Mine are about an inch different too. After head scratching I found my wife had set it too high, lowering it moved it away from the dash, doh! However, I could not save her seat position to memory, the memory button lights when pressed but theres no "ping" and nothing is saved. The manual only talks about saving the drivers side, but there would not be a button for memory if it didn't function, surely?
I'm wondering if this is connected to the fact I cannot memorise dipped mirror position?
Could be the buttons are there for LHD markets and are not functional?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my mirror dip memory does not work on either side and the passenger side seat will not remember anything, theres no confirming ping, will add this point to my mirror outstanding query with Beadles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
correction, yes, the passenger seat memory does work, just no ping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.