Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, :)

I am going to order my DS in a couple of weeks. But sadly, a couple of options aren't available anymore. :shock:
Those are: Active-Driveline, Adaptive-Dynamics, Surround-Cameras, Head-Up-Display

What happened to them? Oversold? When will they be available again?

Greetings from Germany,
Hauser

·
Registered
829 Posts
Both active driveline and adaptive dynamics were sold in Europe; not sure LR actually ever sold a Head Up display or surround camera system. It does question whether the marketing department and production team actually talk...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Hauser

Thank you for your post.

For clarification of the specification and options available for your relevant vehicle market, I would suggest visiting your local Land Rover retailer who should be able to advise accordingly.

Regards

Pete

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pete, not to labour the point but...

Why did LR initially advertise all the options as "available" and now, even in countries like Germany and The Netherlands where we could order Adaptive Dynamics and Active Driveline retract those and decided not to offer HUD or Adaptive Cruise Control any time soon???

Surely it is better to manage expectations and exceed rather than create lots of excitement around new technology and you can't deliver??

I am personally I am most disappointed that Adaptive Cruise Control is not offered. There is NO premium brand that doesn't have it these days and every cooking VW Golf can be ordered with ACC...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Hauser

Thank you for your post.

For clarification of the specification and options available for your relevant vehicle market, I would suggest visiting your local Land Rover retailer who should be able to advise accordingly.

Regards

Pete
Hi Pete,

thank you for your swift reply.
I already talked to my local retailer (and two other ones). Sadly, they just don't know when those options will be available again. Thats what brought me here... ;) I really hoped you would know the answer, since you are a lot closer to the source.

What actually bothers me is, that many of those options that were initially available for the Disco Sport are still available for the Evoque. That makes me (and other DS customers) feel like second class buyers.

I am switching from an 2013 Audi A4 station wagon, equipped with lots of gimmicks which I am going to miss. On of them is the ACC and another one is the Audi Navigation system with Google-maps/earth and Google-traffic integration. Active-Driveline/Adaptive-Dynamics and the HUD were supposed to compensate for that loss. Thats why I am not going to order any Disco Sport without those options.

@Moose & KaikouraDiscoSport
All options mentioned by me were available when the DS was launched. When you check the pre-owned car marked, you can find vehicles equipped with them (Active-Driveline, Adaptive-Dynamics, Surround-Cameras, HUD).

Greetings,
Hauser

·
Registered
829 Posts
Charles said:
Those options never been available in UK. You should go for another brand then.
Charles, I get very tired of your standard "you should go for another brand" if you don't understand the topic.

Hauser is from GERMANY and I am from THE NETHERLANDS. This is an international forum and hence all users can ask questions about the specification of their respective markets.

All options mentioned by Hauser where offered in Western Europe before and hence it is a valid question of us to LR why these where retracted for MY2016

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Charles said:
Charles, I get very tired of your standard "you should go for another brand" if you don't understand the topic.

Hauser is from GERMANY and I am from THE NETHERLANDS. This is an international forum and hence all users can ask questions about the specification of their respective markets.

All options mentioned by Hauser where offered in Western Europe before and hence it is a valid question of us to LR why these where retracted for MY2016
Thanks! :)
That's exactly what I thought when I read his post.
(Though I was too lazy to answer...) :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Charles said:

Look if a car does not have what you want then must look for it somewhere else, it's very simple.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

Regarding vehicle specification, Land Rover as the manufacturer reserve the right to change the specification and options at any time without prior notice.

With reference to specification of future model vehicles, I am unable to advise regarding this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

Regarding vehicle specification, Land Rover as the manufacturer reserve the right to change the specification and options at any time without prior notice.

With reference to specification of future model vehicles, I am unable to advise regarding this.

Regards

Ryan
As you can imagin, that is really disappointing.
Do you (Land Rover) want to sell cars? If so, you should rethink your information policy about when those initially promised features will be available to your customers.

Greetings,
Hauser

·
Registered
829 Posts
That is just legal language to say we, LR Customer Services, don't know why all innovative features have been removed for MY2016 or we don't want to share the WHY with you, the customer

I think it is very disappointing and you would expect the list of available options to grow over time and not shrink?

Customers who ordered a MY2015 car a few months ago and were told to wait for MY2016 production will specifically be hit as some of their chosen model specification no longer exists

I would expect a more open communication from LR. This is 2015 not the 80ties...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I asked the same question.. UK Website showed on the video Adaptive Dampers and how great they were.
We order in Oct.. come the new year this 20sec of video has been removed and the feature gone !
Bitched about it to LR online got an email saying yes is it available in the UK. Then I pushed when I didn't get the feature and the normal BS thats it's only available in some markets.

Funny thing is even the guy who tested a UK licensed DS from the press said how good it was (recently) and now they add *** only available in some markets ***

So far I have not found a SINGLE market you can order it in. I think the COGS (Cost of goods) went up and they just removed the feature.

Very very poor customer relations and really pissed me off. Next order I will have them carve on stone with each and every feature :)

lol new models huh ! Still love it though. Just LR need a kick in the pants.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have them both (5 seater, Canada), not checked if they are still showing in the online configurator.

·
Registered
64 Posts
adam.d.lloyd said:
I have them both (5 seater, Canada), not checked if they are still showing in the online configurator.
They are still available in the Canadian configurator. Are they worth it in your opinion? I didn't feel like spending that extra $1000 for each of these 2 features.

·
Registered
163 Posts
When there is just yourself, or you plus one who enjoy the sprightlier side of driving, they are worth every penny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.