Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after 2 1/2 months waiting I finally took delivery of my Disco! Love the car! not sure how it is in UK, but in US the supply is so limited that last weekend was the 1st shipment LR US dealers received. my car in fact was the only one my local dealer received. Having said that, I paid full MSRP on the car without any freebies. I was told the next batch of shipment won't come in until mid to end of June. And when they do, there will be only 1 or 2 for each dealership again.

anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone had experienced small factory defective issues with their new Disco? mine had a few. A tiny bump that looks like a paint drip was found on the front bumper upon my inspection during hand off. the visor above front passenger seat dips down, does not hold up tight like the driver side. service advisor said they had this issue on a few Evoques previously where the defective visor needed to be replaced. there are minor scratches all over the black glossy part between the windows. it seemed like whoever handled the car dry wiped it with dust on it which lead to these scratches. I was not happy upon finding these issues, but I was not going to walk away and wait another 2 months either. since the car is under factory warranty, the dealer will order all defective parts and have me bring the car back later to fix everything...including the front bumper.

I've owned a few BMWs prior and never had issues like this, especially on a brand new car. being a first time LR owner, I'm just wondering is this normal as my dealer said there will never be a 100% perfect car with LR.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Disco, maybe not completely normal but there again LR is a philosophy and not necessarily to be compared with other makes. I've owned and enjoyed vehicles from all German manufacturers but LR has more character than any other. Hope you get the things sorted to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pretty cool to drive this nice combo DS in a country where they all drive cheap plastic Jeeps...

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is my 7th LR and always been 100% from the factory, yes faults may occur just like any other brand out there, there is just as much horror stories about defects from the Germans and Japanese manucturers.

If your dealer doesn't have faith in the product they're selling then it's time for a new dealer.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The faults should not be their especially the paint drips, but as said above LR are no better or worse than any other marque in the class.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice car. Thanks for the pictures. You will rarely get perfection at our sort of prices but the concerns you have are not major and should soon be rectified. Enjoy! I am on my 5th LR and negotiating a DS to be my 6th. Getting down to business with my dealer next Friday now that Ingenium engine specs are out

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
A good few years back when the registrations used to change on August 1st, I was driving on the M1 on this day and on the hard shoulder was a Rolls Royce registered that day with the bonnet up. Faults shouldn't happen and dents etc should be spotted but it can happen. How they deal with it is a good indication of what a manufacturer is made of.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scratches may have occurred on the long trip from UK to US but I'm sure the Dealer will sort out your concerns for you.
Toyota was once synonymous with Quality, then they recalled millions of vehicles a few years back for fairly major potential safety issues.
Comparatively our minor niggles are just that, minor niggles.
Enjoy your new motor, I'm sure you will be fairly unique for some time to come.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all well said everyone. this compact SUV really stands out in the crowd - style, performance, utilities, and technology. so far I love everything about it. these minor issues actually do not bother me too much as I know they will be taken care of anyway. I've always been a fan of LR's and am really glad to finally become an owner.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry about your problems Disco, but I'd trust your dealer to get it fixed. Lovely looking car btw. Will turn a few heads on Hollywood Boulevard for sure. You might have just helped me further narrow down my colour choice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DevonDisco said:
Sorry about your problems Disco, but I'd trust your dealer to get it fixed. Lovely looking car btw. Will turn a few heads on Hollywood Boulevard for sure. You might have just helped me further narrow down my colour choice.
Thank you, Devon. I'd assume you live in LA as well?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quick update on the paint drip on the from bumper. I stopped by my dealer to pick up the black union jack valve stem caps, and casually brought up the issue again. my salesman took me right next door to their own body shop. the guy came out took a look and buffed it out. it only took him a few minutes, it's now gone...completely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts