Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the loweringsprings for an evoque (from H&R) could be used for a DS ?

because the rearwheel suspensiontrain is different from eachother ?

(i do like the loweringpictures of the DS from kahn....thats why)

wwwjosje from the netherlands

·
Registered
385 Posts
i don't think so. checked with H&R, they said no. but they are in the process of developing springs for the DS. I don't think the DS on Kahn's website is lowered either.

strangely, on Kahn's website they advertise an electronic lowering module for the DS. but to my knowledge, DS does not run on air suspension so how is that the module would work??

·
Registered
246 Posts
My thoughts too ianh. I have opted for the new active shocks. I wait and see if it makes any significant difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Curiously I am looking at the opposite - 25mm (1") increased springs and larger tyres (more clearance for future driving on sand), have yet to see any that are DS specific springs on the net. There do however appear to be a few coil spring manufacturers within Australia I may be able to custom order from, questions is what will it cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
postby IanH » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 am

I don't wish to sound provocative but why would anybody want to lower any LR?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's a huge gap between stock fender and the wheels, to me it's ugh.
My HSE has 18'' rims that I totally loathe, need to update them 20s', have meaty tires and a lowered profile.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scorp1 said:
postby IanH » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 am

I don't wish to sound provocative but why would anybody want to lower any LR?

when i lowered my evoque in 2012, i noticed that it drove far better; a bit harder BUT far more better in curves........thats why_____and it looked much more stylish....______________________________________________________________________________________________

There's a huge gap between stock fender and the wheels, to me it's ugh.
My HSE has 18'' rims that I totally loathe, need to update them 20s', have meaty tires and a lowered profile.

·
Registered
385 Posts
wwwjosje said:
just ordered -/- 3cm eibach lowering-springs
delivery 1/2 march, can't wait......startech>too expensive; H&R>nothing;kahn>nothing
Where did you get the eibach springs? I heard they were not going to be released until end of March due to TUV inspections

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there someone having a loweringset for his or her car? I'm stil looking for a kit about 3 a 4 cm.
I already found startech springs and a kahn electrik switch?

Were dit you order the springs and are you happy with the result.

Pictures are always welkom :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did the opposite - I just bought increasing springs of 2,7 cm of www.spaccer.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Weazel said:
is there someone having a loweringset for his or her car? I'm stil looking for a kit about 3 a 4 cm.
I already found startech springs and a kahn electrik switch?

Were dit you order the springs and are you happy with the result.

Pictures are always welkom :)
I did the new EIBACH springs 3,5 cm
not to expensive, and drives well !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.