Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my new DS last week from Stratstone in Hanley Stoke on Trent. Excellent service from start to finish. Had a full tank of diesel and a bottle of Moet which was a nice touch. Drives fantastic. The one issue I had was Sunday morning we tried to open the tailgate but it just clicked and woudnt open. Sat in the care and turned the ignition on and a Low Battery warning came on and advised me to start the car. It started fine and its not happened since. i will monitor it to see if it happens again before i will contact the dealers. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had exactly the same issue on my DS. I got mine March then a couple of weeks in (over 500 miles later) we did a 160 mile round trip. Next morning the tailgate wouldn't open and the car reported low battery. Started the car up, drove a bit and the problem never came back.

I got the dealers to look into it a couple of weeks later when it went in for a couple of issues/recall fixes and they said the battery was low and they fully charged it. They didn't say there was anything particularly wrong. Overall I think it was a bit strange. I've now had the car for 7 weeks, over 2200 miles and no other issue with the battery.

The only difference on the journey before the battery issue compared to any other is that my children used the USB charger points in the back while we drove home, but I can't see that would cause a battery drain when the car was on the whole time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine wouldn't start yesterday, 2 days old !

£110K's worth of FFRR Autobiography bought last week sat at work that's also got a warning triangle on the Dash displaying low battery.

£50K's worth of Evoque yet to be delivered, out of £200K's worth of vehs the two that are being used don't work and the one that's yet to materialise probably won't either !

Monday mornings !

Sat at Heathrow now trying to convince my boss getting rid of a perfectly reliable Porsche Cayenne was a good idea !

Maybe NOT the best career move I've ever made :shock:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Don't leave things in the USB charge points, as I believe they don't shut down when the car is switched off. Not 100% sure though. This is my 7th Land Rover and never had battery issues with any.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To clarify, in my particular case explained above the USB points were only used while the car was on.

But you could be right about leaving things plugged in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had battery problems when I owned a Evoque. It happened 4 times, 3 of then I had to call out roadside recovery (other time family member came out and gave me a jump start). LR couldn't find anything wrong with it! After the 4th time that got me stranded for hours I fell out of love with the car and sold it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
On mine the battery went flat the first weekend (tailgate would not shut was the first sign) at the end of the second week I charged it up as it was low, it has been ok since but I am worried its not right.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My dads workmates transit van kept having flat battery issues, Ford eventually found that the radio, though appeared to be off, wasn't actually shutting down once the ignition was off and slowly draining the battery over night.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sometimes my Radio comes on when i start the ignition others it doesn't, there is no pattern i.e. if its on when the ignition is killed you would think when it sparks back into life that it would come on but it doesn't, likewise you can leave it off for several short trips and like yesterday coming back from Rugby with the little un and viola, theres the Radio and its on full chat !

Mine had NO USB ports active, i hadnt even tried the Damn things before it drained itself on Sat Morning :cry:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine went very flat, it would not even recognise the key, I had to hold it underneath the dash, but then it would only switch the ignition momentarily.
I am going to by a milliamperes clamp meter as trace it myself for a week or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mrsnowman. Had a similar problem on my Disco 4. Apparently the battery system brain thinks that the load on it is going to be sustained and therefore that it will run out of power. Ergo it gives a low power warning and asks you to start the car. According to the LR technician, there is actualy nothing wrong with the car, but he re-baselined? the battery voltage as a precaution. It never happened again. To be fair, I was playing with the sat nav for quite a while before it happened and I did have the ignition on. There seems to be a number of different themes in the forum, so hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts