Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
looking to buy a DS but a bit confused, as I can't seem to get what I want. Tow Bar and full size spare are a must, not fussed with 7 seats 5 will do, not too bothered whether if manual or auto but prefer the higher power engine.
Problem is I'm told the car cant be supplied with a tow bat and a full spare wheel and that seems stupid to me so any advise folks

·
Registered
562 Posts
I assume you are UK based, if so,it has to be a 7 seater, auto or manual, high output or not, but to have both the tow bar and full size spare the towbar has to be a dealer fit accessory i.e.. Bit more expensive.

In essence you can have exactly what you want.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think UK 7 seater + no full size spare....can of jollop or pram wheel... ;)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You can't have 7 seater with full size spare and towbar, you can have dealer fitted fixed towbar and spacesaver wheel.
£1089 + £150 for wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not being to have both a full spare and a tow bar would be a game change for me, and I would have to look at other vehicles which would be a shame as I do prefer to buy British if I can.
Going to see the dealer again on Wed but It isn't looking good according to your reply's, thanks folks

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The more powerful engine is only available in the 7 seat UK spec and there isn't room for a full size spare, the spacesaver sits under the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Owned LRs for years - they don't get punctures as easily (touching wood! :shock:) as smaller cars.
Once had a D3 tyre slashed and the jack was so pitiful it couldn't begin to lift the car!
If u get a puncture - swallow your pride - ring LR assist ( you'very paid for it) and let someone else sort it out.
Simples. (Unless you live miles away from civilization - in which case -DEFENDER! :D )

·
Registered
829 Posts
New 2.0 Ingenium 5 seater offers all the options you want in 150bhp spec and chip up to 225bhp is very easy as 150bhp and 180bhp are technically the same engine

·
Registered
829 Posts
Why LR doesn't give UK based owners the same options as other countries is a ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes just been to day and the 5 seat is now available in the UK so ordered one, I was a bit worried about a full size spare but would be able to carry it on the trailer along with the ATV. Which is why I didn't want a skinny spare (for towing) I use some very rough roads but now want some comfort for my old bones.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The warranty booklet specifically states that warranty is voided by chipping (at least mine does).

·
Registered
829 Posts
Indeed, no warranty by LR but RICA is the only tuning company that LR in NL endorse. The dealers offer there engine maps IN the dealership. RICA does provide a warranty but not sure how robust

1 - 15 of 15 Posts