Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DS is away in to the bodyshop at Pentland Land Rover Perth for a couple of days and this is my fantastic loan car.

It's a Seat Mii S with A/C, it has no electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, Bluetooth or even a clock. It's pants
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
So much for your Pentland customer client business and THEIR recognition of that.
Maybe a letter to John Clarke Group hierarchy is required.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
eh, why didn't they give you a replacement DS or similar?
Pentland Edinburgh I usually get a like for like courtesy car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pentland Cupar do also.

A family turned up and thats what they got also, no way was the child seat going to fit in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Should have asked for a RRS, and used the line that you can't fit your luggage, goods, anything in that Seat....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
J77 said:
The DS is away in to the bodyshop at Pentland Land Rover Perth for a couple of days and this is my fantastic loan car.

It's a Seat Mii S with A/C, it has no electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, Bluetooth or even a clock. It's pants
Bummer. *my* loire blue DS is in for a de-snagging visit, and my loan car is also red. A Firenze red DS HSE Lux with black pack. Which has the added benefit of letting me compare the behaviour of my car with another to assess what faults are specific to mine and what are design flaws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you really have to add the HSE lux part :lol:

Mines has part black pack, it's got black wheel trims. It's got a fire breathing 1.0 60hp petrol engine. The only thing luxury on my courtesy car is it has a contrast colour dash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
J77 said:
Did you really have to add the HSE lux part :lol:

Mines has part black pack, it's got black wheel trims. It's got a fire breathing 1.0 60hp petrol engine. The only thing luxury on my courtesy car is it has a contrast colour dash.
only to mention that I am now even more sure tahn I was before that I didn't want to spend the extra on a Lux.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's got the pray to God system.

I don't fancy being involved in a smash with this thing. It's scary down this end of the food chain.

I'm hopeful of getting the DS back this afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Hope you are now back in your DS. That is one bummer loan car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DS is back, all as good as new.

You don't realise just how luxurious it is until you drive something like the Seat Mii. Can't fault the service from Pentland Perth though. Car cleaned inside and out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I use a local dealer for my LR but use Pentland Perth for my Jaguar and they've always given me great service over the past 6 years or so (it was Stratstone before Pentland took them over, but same people largely!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I had an FL2 and D4 as a loan car, but both had niggles/issues. I preferred driving the other half's little i10 which was a lot cheaper and has had no issues. However, I don't understand why a dealer puts you in a car like they did given what they were replacing..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
rtdf said:
I had an FL2 and D4 as a loan car, but both had niggles/issues. I preferred driving the other half's little i10 which was a lot cheaper and has had no issues. However, I don't understand why a dealer puts you in a car like they did given what they were replacing..
When my C Class goes for service, I get a Smart car as a replacement!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
philn said:
Did the AEB system work on the loan car?.
:)

They just called me - not finished with mine yet (GOK which bit is taking so long) BUT they've sold the loan-er I have here so they want to swap it. Do you think if we ran the two loan cars towards each other....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,159 Posts
ccomley said:
philn said:
Did the AEB system work on the loan car?.
:)

They just called me - not finished with mine yet (GOK which bit is taking so long) BUT they've sold the loan-er I have here so they want to swap it. Do you think if we ran the two loan cars towards each other....
If it didn't work they would add it to the list of things that don't work i.e. cardboard boxes, blow up kangaroos and 2 Discovery sports :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top