Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - picked our new DS up yesterday and thus far very pleased with it.

One thing that has had me scratching my head though is that when the 3rd row seats are up, there is no space to store the load bay cover. The manual says to detatch this for safety purposes if the rearmost seats are being used which makes sense. However, there is no room elsewhere in the car to put it!

This means that you'll have to take it out prior to journeys when these seats are being used, which I suppose is okay, fair enough. Question - what do you do with it if you find yourself in a situation far from home when you have an unanticipated need for these seats??

Please tell me that I'm being useless here and that it slots in the space behind the seats. If not, I'll try the footwell behind the drivers seat?

Thanks
Marcus

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had third row seats on a Mitsibushi Outlander and had to store the cover across the car behind the drivers and passengers seats.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Our R-Class has a fitting for it behind the third row seat (but then it is huge). I'm resigned on the DS to leave it at home when I know I'll need to third row.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. I've checked and it does rest quite happily in the footwell behind the drivers seat.

Shame it doesn't fit in the boot though, but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wondered the same and just happened to see a Santa Fe. Where the DS has the spare wheel tools, compressor etc, this is where Hyundia store their cover. Very neat.

So the load space cover in the DS will not fit behind the third row seats? Why would you put it behind driver seat to be trodden on?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Put it in the house. The manual quite rightly says not to store it loose in the car. It's no big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts