Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this thread up here because I know the price the dealer charges varies so much! Some do it of free others charge as much as £500 for it! I was lucky enough to know someone in the trade for them to give me pack for free so I did it myself. This has been read 37 times but known one has replied - a touchy topic i think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
philn said:
I paid about £300 and received the pack, I wouldn't have done it myself so consider it worth it.
The friend I have in the trade (BMW) tells me that they have about 20-30 mins to prep your car, I spent an hour just applying two coats of alloy protection, I have it done to my Evoque and never received the customer pack, this is why I have done it all myself. Fed up of being 'tucked' up by dealers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was offered it for £499 from my dealer, needless to say I declined it.

I took it for my D4, 3 years ago and I didn't think it was worth it.

I am definitely considering the dent and wheel insurance at £399 for 3 years tho as an off set

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid 200gbp after telling the dealer I thought I had been ripped off when my FL2 was done for 500gbp. It incuded the pack which contains a lot of items, not sure what they are all for yet. Jet washed the car on Tuesday and very pleased with the results. Dust and dirt easily removed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter79 said:
I was offered it for £499 from my dealer, needless to say I declined it.

I took it for my D4, 3 years ago and I didn't think it was worth it.

I am definitely considering the dent and wheel insurance at £399 for 3 years tho as an off set
I had the Alloy and Tyre package, I claimed for two tyre's on my Evoque (one from ATS £250 and one from the Dealer £350) and three alloy wheel repairs, it cost me £250 so I well covered my outlay. But be careful as you can only claim if you have 4mm or more tread on the tyres.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Pointless putting these products on poor/dirty paint. Kit should be about £50.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
£280 I paid for suregaurd. Didn't take the alloy insurance, never damaged an alloy so far. Dent insurance, well that's what I pay £380 year to admiral for.

Having said that though, some one reversed into my one, not major damage a slight dent in the bottom of the tailgate, and a couple of scratches on the silver part of the rear bumper, £80 inc VAT and P&P to replace that, I'm taking it to the LR body shop next week for an assessment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have a look on eBay and see how much you can buy a kit for. Then you will realise how much markup the dealer is making :eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Autoglym Lifeshine kit or Supergard will give you some good results on eBay.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Charles said:
Great thanks always used autoglym cleaning and polishing so will look at that
To be honest give the car a good wax with Autoglym HD Wax ever six months and it will be as good as or better than these so called "lifetime" products.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have paid £395 + VAT for Supagard. That includes leather, carpet protection plus paint and alloys. Not got my car yet so don't know about the kit.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think with most products on offer, the actual (or not) human effort determines the end result. A good car detailing should take at least 8 hours or so and as such can't be done for gbp 100

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also when the dealer or detailer applies the product a written gaurantee is supplied for both interior and fading and stains. Not certain how this would stand up but is better than nothing when you do it yourself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
phillm03 said:
Also when the dealer or detailer applies the product a written gaurantee is supplied for both interior and fading and stains. Not certain how this would stand up but is better than nothing when you do it yourself.
You try and make a claim! Then you'll realise that you have been ripped off!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I agree with welshdisco. Personally I'd never invest a penny in a so called professional lifeshine protection. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chippy911 said:
I agree with welshdisco. Personally I'd never invest a penny in a so called professional lifeshine protection. Just my personal opinion.
Just trying to give some advice to save money, the problem is that after you order your car the dealer puts so much pressure on you to buy all sorts of extra's. Its better spent on upgrading something on the car, I would not be without a heated steering wheel, I had it on my Evoque and its brilliant in the colder months.

When the dealer tried to sell it to me again I said you charged me £500 on my Evoque so is it worth £500 more on the part ex! Should have seen his face.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.