Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one bad thing, that come with the new ingenium motors : the tank capacity has drop from 64 liter to 54. It's really annoying, because it's a loss of autonomy even if the fuel consumption of the new motor will be lower.
I can't understand this move ? was-it really necessary in order to obtain the 139 g/CO ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
They've made the tank smaller to make room for the Adblue reservoir. Given a reported 25% improvement in fuel consumption over the 2.2, the range should be about the same.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They only need to achieve about a 15% economy improvement to obtain the same range as current model. Given that it's a smaller, latest technology & more efficient engine that should be easily achieved. Can't see there will be any problem at all.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Was surprised to read on Jaguar XE forum that Ingenium 163bhp diesel (=150bhp in DS) has a much smaller AdBlue tank and as such must require a lot less AdBlue to keep CO2 down compared to 180bhp version?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am finding when towing the MPG drops to mid 20's,
This consumption on the 2.2 engines with a 64 litre tank limits the range, on the new 2.0 Ingenium with 54 litres and similar consumption ( insider's have already said the 2.2 is better for towing than the 2.0) you will need to fill up every 250miles

·
Registered
404 Posts
You are right about the listed fuel economy, the Discovery Sport is heavier than the Freelander it replaces so reducing the fuel tank size reduces the test mass, this making the government figures slightly better (same as leaving out the spare wheel as standard, no mud flaps, etc!). The AdBlue tank has to be fitted in so space is needed.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Beast - your comment on gutless is what the rumor mill is saying, within reason it does not matter what figures you have on a piece of paper it is how they are delivered that matters.
The new engine is designed to be more economical, which is fair enough as that's what the majority want, I want the DS for towing and like you I am happy with the 2.2.
Beside if you look at the amount of issues people are listing on the forum at the moment and the new engine is not even out yet :twisted:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Very happy with the way mine pulls, 100kg on the nose, and it seem very stable, perhaps a little more susceptible to cross winds than the D3, but it is a lot lighter.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Beast said:
The lower power 2.0 Ingenium did concern me, it's also heavier I hear, so all in all I decided to stick with the tried and tested 2.2 engine, especially with a lower range between fill-ups.
Land Rover claims it is substantially lighter than the current 2.2 (up to 80kg less) and I that's exactly what I would expect with an all aluminium block.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Engine some 30kg lighter but AdBlue tank offsets advantage. Not been able to understand 80kg claims

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.