Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had left my car at home whilst off to Canaries for 2 weeks, decided to have a sneaky peek at remote app to see how things were. This message was waiting for me as I opened the app:-

Remote Locking is not available. To conserve power, the incontrol Remote system is now asleep and will wake up when the vehicle is next used. Once awake, you can use the wake up timer to enable remote features for a date in the future.

This result did not directly affect me as the car was at home and I didn’t need it, however I do wonder what is the use of this remote facility if you are unable to 1/ check status of car locking (was actually telling me that car was unlocked) and 2/ start car remotely on arrival at a frozen airport (for example).

On arrival back home today, in wife’s car, I found my DS was still locked as left, so I opened it up and started it up, stopped Engine and relocked car, to find remote app now able to give me all the info on car status and presumably would start remotely!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's a common set up. Cars need to conserve battery energy so if after a few days the car hasn't been used it will hibernate and close down certain non-essential systems...so there is enough battery power to start the car when you finally need it. My Volvo was exactly the same.

·
Registered
202 Posts
To find timer in the app , press "more". Then select vehicle settings.

My car went to sleep while I was covid isolating in the house.

It was nice to notice the battery stayed on 46% for the full 10 days. I expected an element of energy loss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts