Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As a new member I've read with interest a number of articles about the Discovery Sport from there owners, some good and some not so, but I've concluded that most, if not all, must be extremely happy with there purchase, after all this is a pretty expensive vehicle to commit to.

I did a fair amount of research with all that's out there on the internet, visited the showrooms and went for it, mind you I didn't take much persuading as I was a Land Rover fan already, with 3 Freelander's under my belt, the last being a brand new 2008 FL2 HSE Premium with 7 years of trouble free motoring, I nearly went for the old Range Rover Sport, so glad I didn't, it looks so dated now amongst the new models.

Now the proud owner of a brand spanking new DS HSE Lux Auto , with a few extras to boot, (I do like a new car)

I treated my self to the Halewood VIP Factory tour where you can actually see you very car on the assembly line.

This was something I happen to stumble across rather than being promoted by the Dealers, visit the Land Rover Experience website, Factory Tour, you can do the tour with a bunch of your mates or visitors for about £60, but the VIP tour (£299! just spent 46K on a Disco) was very special, so for those of you who have a Disco, or Evoque on order for that matter, there built on the same line, I can thoroughly recommended it.

The VIP tour, basically you have a personal one-to-one guided tour for 1-4 people from press shop to rolling off the line, the £299 covers 1-4 people.

My visit was nearly 6 hours, with coffee and biscuits on arrival at 11:30, a very nice buffet lunch around 1:00, and met up with my very car at trim, followed it for about an hour watching all things being carefully assembled, then afternoon tea, all very civilised and very well conducted , I couldn't fault it, other than it would of been nice to drive my car away at the end, but it takes about two weeks to reach the dealer after going through final inspection somewhere in Birmingham, I was given a few little goodies too, plus a copy of the very rare build schedule of my car from the assembly line.

Finally, you not allowed to take your own photos in the factory, but they took these photos and one of myself and wife who came with me along side my car at one point and emailed to me all the pictures you see below.

SO DO IT IF YOU CAN

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sounds fantastic.
Could you post the link to the site where you book it as I've only found the £45 factory tour option.

Many thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.