Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Wondering if anyone has put kids car seats in there disco sport yet? If so how did they fit? Pics would be great if anyone has them?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I thought the vehicle has Isofix at least on the second row (behind driver/passenger row) but maybe I've not understood the question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to see how the fit size and space wise. I'm in Australia and the car hasn't come out here yet. We have only just had isofix car seats legalised here so they not very common. We have our disco on order hopefully here in June.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
Just wanted to see how the fit size and space wise. I'm in Australia and the car hasn't come out here yet. We have only just had isofix car seats legalised here so they not very common. We have our disco on order hopefully here in June.
Hi Darcy,

I'm in Australia as well. Mine's not here yet (it's on a boat somewhere near Panama currently) but I saw the pre-production models on their launch tour. There are 2 seats with ISOFIX (outside second row) but all second row seats have the standard tether in the seat back so you should be fine to fit standard Australian car seats. There are no tethers for third row if you optioned it.

Space wise - we currently own a focus and can (just barely) get three seats across the back. There was WAY more space in the second row of the DS so unless yours are particularly wide you should be fine. If mine arrives before yours I'll be sure and post some photos :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ozsport

Thanks so much for the info. We have been measuring up like crazy trying to get a idea. We have a prado at the moment and have been told the back seat will be the same across but we have our doubts. We are mainly worried about the car seat in rear facing and also it's width I don't know if it wil fit in our garage!
Can I ask why did you pick the sd4 engine? We thought about it but the dealer talked us out of it but reading the reviews that have come out it seems to be the best? Love your color choice too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi darcy,

I managed to get the dealer to supply me, free of charge, two Landrover child seats (age 9months to 4 years). I previously drove a Discovery 4 and can confirm that there appears to be more space in the rear than the Discovery 4. In fact, my better half prefers to sit in the rear seats due to all the space.

WRT the SD4 engine, this is the only engine available in the UK (Not sure about AUS). They have been used on Freelanders and Evoques for a couple of years and are tried and tested.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Darcy M said:
Hi
Wondering if anyone has put kids car seats in there disco sport yet? If so how did they fit? Pics would be great if anyone has them?
I have 2 seats in the back, they fit very well.
Both not isofix.
If you need pictures I could upload some tomorrow (hopefully)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the help pics would be great. We can get the turbo Diesel engine it's got 110kw and 400 nm. Our dealer said we wouldn't notice the difference between the two only if we needed it to do some heavy towing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darcy M said:
Hi ozsport

Thanks so much for the info. We have been measuring up like crazy trying to get a idea. We have a prado at the moment and have been told the back seat will be the same across but we have our doubts. We are mainly worried about the car seat in rear facing and also it's width I don't know if it wil fit in our garage!
Can I ask why did you pick the sd4 engine? We thought about it but the dealer talked us out of it but reading the reviews that have come out it seems to be the best? Love your color choice too.
Yep it was probably one of my easiest decisions as far as options go for a couple of reasons. I've previously had a Prado as well and it was the 3.0L 110kw turbo diesel - that just wasn't enough grunt for a big heavy car, particularly at highway speeds. Also I do some regular towing (just a box trailer up to 750kg, but usually several times a month) so it'll just be easier with a bit more power / torque. Partly it's resale as well, as the higher spec will always be easier to sell. But mostly it's probably just because I like more power! :) I've been into fast cars and bikes as long as I can remember and there's an irrational appeal about a bigger number. If they'd offered a 3.0L version something like the X3 I probably would have optioned it :lol:

·
Registered
329 Posts
In case this helps we tried out the rear bench with 2 car seats for our 6 year olds on the outer seats and then put our 12 year old in the middle. All fine. For longer journeys at least one will go in the 3rd row.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts