Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just ordered my new se tech, 2.2 auto, with a build date estimate end of June. and had a couple of questions:
-are build dates quite accurate now the first batch have rolled out?
-is it worth waiting for the new engine, as I have read about it in reviews, I don't need a new car urgently so wouldn't be the end of the world if I delyed my order. I would like automatic, does anyone know when the release is scheduled?
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a HSE auto had it for about a month the experience, apart from some cretin keying the bonnet, has been faultless....don't know what all the fuss is about the inge engines the DW12 2.2 is a well proven and bullet proof lump...mine just drives superb IS quiet, the gearbox (auto) is seamless...What Car said the auto box is 'slow witted' I would like to invite them to come and try mine....just go for it and ignore all the hype about new engines ;)

Everyone who has travelled in mine has been blown away by the quality and general experience of the interior... :D

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If you look on the forum you would see that the delivery dates cannot be relied on, would be very surprised if you received car in June.

From all information available would say that new engine will have to be in September deliveries but not available to order at the moment, my opinion would be to wait and ask dealer to let you know when you can order it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday. They said mid to late June at the dealers. I decided to go with the current engine setup rather than hang on for an engine which is not yet proven. Really looking forward to it. All the best.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I'd wait for the Ingenium engine which is lighter, quieter, more fuel efficient and much lower emissions. Where I am it'll also make a big difference to road tax which is based not only on engine size but also CO2 emission levels.
I've sort of been forced into it because no more 15MY cars are available anyway but in way I'm glad.
I'm expecting (and hoping) that a lot of the teething trouble will be ironed out by then in the XE application.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, very useful, my only worry about waiting for the new engine is that wait times will be massively extended, bearing in mind the new jag and the release of the new evoke. I would also be weary of issues with the new engine. Will ring the dealer and get their opinion, although they will inevitably push me towards the current engine

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I'd heard from my dealer that 4WD will be given preference when new engine comes on stream for DS. Since it's only possible to meet the Euro 6 regulations with Ingenium they'll either have to introduce both 2 and 4WD versions at the same time or hold one of them back and that would clearly be the lower seller and that's 2WD. If JLR don't get the production quantities of Ingenium up to speed then they're dead in the water anyway because they can't sell the old engine version after September at least in Europe. Personally I'm not too concerned about problems with the new engine but I can understand other people's possible worries. Whatever you decide it'll be right for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am also waiting for the new engine.
In Spain, ordering the DS with the Ingenium engine will be available in June (in theory) and cars will be delivered in October.

The main reason to wait for the new engine is basically that it is new. Therefore technology of the engine should be better than in the current one. But I don't think there is nothing wrong with the Ford engine. On the contrary it is a good engine. But with technology 10 years old.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Waiting for new Ingenium engine. 2WD is delayed so I have been upgraded to 4WD myself to get delivery September/October 2015. MY2016 will also have new standard equipment available and likely the 5seater base model in the UK

2.2 Ford engine in my Evoque was fine but I didn't like loud idle, lack of power above 3,000rpm and above all fuel efficiency

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
2.2 Ford engine in my Evoque was fine but I didn't like loud idle,
After driving the D3 for a few years, the idle is fine :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the responses, leaning towards keeping with the old 2.2 just through fear of wait times with the new engine. Does anyone have an idea if the price would increase with the new ingi?? And also an idea of possible mpg for the auto 4 wheel drive 2L and what uk tax band it would potentially fall in?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello peabod, can't help you with the uk tax bann but can tell you that here in Germany there is Euro 950 price increase for the 2Liter Ingenium compared to current 2,2L Ford version.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Interesting news Chippy. I got the Ingenium engine for the same price as the 2.2TD4 (both 150bhp). I was one of 20 customers in The Netherlands who traded their car in early AND were willing to wait 10 months for the Ed4 Ingenium 2WD. When the 2WD Ingenium versions were delayed by 5 months (February 2016 instead of September 2015), I was upgraded for free to the 4WD Ingenium 2.0 HSE which will arrive September 2015. So the news of an early September 2015 release of the new 2.0 Ingenium engine is correct with MY2016 spec

2WD production has been delayed till December 2015

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I was able to get the new engine for the price of the current one but I guess that sooner or later the dealers won't be wanting to be so generous. Maybe it's something to do with their sales targets in our markets (Netherlands and Germany)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
In Germany they have apparently already sold all their allocation of 2015MY and are only able to accept orders for 2016MY which means Ingenium engine. At the moment we can order from the dealer but JLR Germany cannot yet pass orders to the factory. That should be possible within the next weeks. I'm expecting deliver in September this year. We'll see whether or not it works!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts