Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my HSE Luxury with a few other bits, see below.

Have been given an estimated delivery date of 28th Septmber; just wondering how close it will be to that date.

Pre-traded my Toyota Kluger to lock in trade-in value, so have taken a big step down and now driving a 2010 Hyundai Getz 1.4L. Will be a great step up though once the DS arrives.

Wasn't room room to negotiate price, most dealers wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sydriderau said:
Just ordered my HSE Luxury with a few other bits, see below.

Have been given an estimated delivery date of 28th Septmber; just wondering how close it will be to that date.

Pre-traded my Toyota Kluger to lock in trade-in value, so have taken a big step down and now driving a 2010 Hyundai Getz 1.4L. Will be a great step up though once the DS arrives.

Wasn't room room to negotiate price, most dealers wouldn't budge.
Hi Sydrider, Welcome to the forums. Yes the vehicles are very popular and hence very difficult to negotiate, probably partly due to your trade as well. Well done on ordering the orange with black pack! I think it will look great!

Delivery delays are the norm thus far so don't put too much stock in dates the dealer gives you.

Cheers
Oz.

P.S. rider of what?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I ordered in mid April and should get mine next week. But that's a 15-spec so maybe there are longer delays on the new engine.

I'm pleased to say given the time available I decided NOT to trade-in, I just sold my Astra Twin Top for £1k3 more than "we rip you off for any car" said. And I'm hoping to do a LOT better than "Book" for my Disco2 as it has good reasons to attract more cash, such as a new engine and refurbed gearbox. Fingers crossed. But that won't go on the market until the DS arrives - a chap has to drive *something*, and the Defender's a bit primitive for turning up in customer's carparks! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ozsport

I ride a BMW R1200RTP, ex-VIC Police bike.

Regards

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sydriderau said:
Hi ozsport

I ride a BMW R1200RTP, ex-VIC Police bike.

Regards
Haha nice - I bet that keeps people on their toes!
I've got an NC700S for commuting and a CBR1000RR for track, the latter being the primary reason I need the tow pack on the new DS :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The BM is Fantastic down the motorway, from cars I normally see a dab on the brakes (guilty thoughts about speed), then they indicate left and pull out of my way!!

I've got fluros on the bike and I often wear them as well, so if they're stupid and drive a tin top they will make the wrong assumption.

Only problem is it's a bit wide for lane filtering, still got the crash bars on.

Search YouTube sydriderau and there are a few short movies.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sydriderau said:
The BM is Fantastic down the motorway, from cars I normally see a dab on the brakes (guilty thoughts about speed), then they indicate left and pull out of my way!!

I've got fluros on the bike and I often wear them as well, so if they're stupid and drive a tin top they will make the wrong assumption.

Only problem is it's a bit wide for lane filtering, still got the crash bars on.

Search YouTube sydriderau and there are a few short movies.
Cool :) I'm starting to put a few videos up as well
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUEJRvEmyPSoaSRKOSkEEZw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.