Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm new to this forum, being from Switzerland.

I ordered my DS 2.2 TD4 150 mid-march, the original delivery date should have been somewhere in August. Then in April the order was changed to the new 2.0 TD4 Ingenium (which basically is great for me), the dealer was hoping the car could arrive by October, but it was more a hope. Since i didn't get any message from the dealer since then, i visited him recently and he couldn't give any information at all. We logged in into the JLR booking system, there was still no build date.

Has anyone experienced the same? This is the first LR to me, but with this non existing customer care and policy of endless delaying this certainly will also be my last one. Any tipps what to do (except from cancelling the order).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Vale

I'm from Switzerland too. I ordered my car 2nd of March, had the same history as you. Original delivery date June/July. In June order was confirmed by JLR, telling production date somewhere during September. Now I've got the message that the car will be definitively manufactured mid of September and it should be here three weeks later.

Maybe yours is near too.

Mauro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, thank's for your answers, great to know not being alone with this out there.

@ javi: your story is not too encouraging, did you contact pete? Could he help?

@ mauro: that sounds like an ending for you, hope my dealer gets also news in the next days.

Have a nice day
Vale

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Vale,
yes Pete contact e, but couldn't really help.
the second delay to february 2016 is supposed to be related to options which will be available beginning of next year.

Pete told me that the options avalability is depending of the country and agreement with importator....

So for me, just wait and hope...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Vale

Thank you for your post.

I note that your query regarding the build and delivery date for your vehicle and would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

Once I have the information I will forward this to our Global Team to request that you are contacted by the relevant Customer Relations Department for your vehicle market who will be able to look into your order and advise accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in exactly the same boat. Order placed on March 9th, with delivery scheduled for September, called Emil Frey today to find out what the delivery date would be ... the response I got was "Not before November, but we do not have any details of the date"and "hadn't you been informed?". My original order was for a SD4 HSE. I'm seriously considering cancelling ... I'm guessing they'll have changed this to a 180bhp TD4. I've been waiting 6 months, and the customer service I've had so far from Landrover/Emil Frey has been terrible, once I placed the order it was radio silence.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi battenbergLVR

Sorry to hear that, seems like it is the way how we are treated in Switzerland. 8 Days ago [email protected] contacted me with the offer to investigate the problem. I sent him all information I had and he forwarded it to the global team which forwarded it to JLR Switzerland, then it was silence. I didn't get any information from the Customer Relations Department of JLR-Switzerland (Emil Frey). Can't also understand how a brand like JLR can work together with such a lazy direct importer:
- The homepage for ex. has not been updated for months still displaying the old diesels in the configurator, incredible.
- There is no where any information about delays or anything like that.
- I ordered mine not directly from Emil Frey but from a smaller dealer, but he unfortunately is dependent on Emil Frey since this is the only importer for Switzerland and he also gets no information at all. How can that be??

I think Global JLR-Team should clean up a bit that mess in Switzerland.
Regards
Vale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vale said:
Hi battenbergLVR

Sorry to hear that, seems like it is the way how we are treated in Switzerland. 8 Days ago [email protected] contacted me with the offer to investigate the problem. I sent him all information I had and he forwarded it to the global team which forwarded it to JLR Switzerland, then it was silence. I didn't get any information from the Customer Relations Department of JLR-Switzerland (Emil Frey). Can't also understand how a brand like JLR can work together with such a lazy direct importer:
- The homepage for ex. has not been updated for months still displaying the old diesels in the configurator, incredible.
- There is no where any information about delays or anything like that.
- I ordered mine not directly from Emil Frey but from a smaller dealer, but he unfortunately is dependent on Emil Frey since this is the only importer for Switzerland and he also gets no information at all. How can that be??

I think Global JLR-Team should clean up a bit that mess in Switzerland.
Regards
Vale
What I really don't understand is how Emil Frey didn't contact me in the last six months to say that the car I configured and ordered with them was going to delivered with a different engine. I'm going to see them this evening and see if I can negotiate some winter wheels (if the delivery is in November then I'll need them) and if not I'm thinking of going to AMAG to see if they can get me a good deal on a Q5...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know what they are telling you.. I'm considering taking a Volvo XC 60 and cancelling my order if there aren't any good news in the next days..I need the car before winter comes, already would have needed it for holidays, it's just disappointing..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Vale

Thank you for your post.

I note that your query regarding the build and delivery date for your vehicle and would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

Once I have the information I will forward this to our Global Team to request that you are contacted by the relevant Customer Relations Department for your vehicle market who will be able to look into your order and advise accordingly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan
Hi Ryan/Pete,

What's the deal with Switzerland? are we suffering because we are not part of Europe and so all the Land Rover purchases have to go through one importer? Should I be able to get a VIN on the Disco Sport I ordered on March 9th (because I haven't seen it yet) ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had contact with my dealer, they still got no build date by Landrover Switzerland, they have no idea what is going on and are completely helpless...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vale said:
Just had contact with my dealer, they still got no build date by Landrover Switzerland, they have no idea what is going on and are completely helpless...
Pretty much the same in Lausanne. My salesman is out on holiday but their head of JLR sales basically said it wasn't their fault, and that I should be happy that I'm getting the new engine. Still unable to give me a firm date, but apparently my order "should be in production in November" I'm not certain what that then means in terms of delivery...?

I plan to go back at the beginning of September when the sales guy is back, but it's clear that in November I will need winter wheels on the car. In the meantime I'm going to go see what alternatives I have from AMAG or elswhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After several calls and countless e-mails I got today a built date for 6. November, which means almost 3/4 years after I ordered it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vale said:
After several calls and countless e-mails I got today a built date for 6. November, which means almost 3/4 years after I ordered it...
Congratulations! I guess with my order on March 9th I *should* have something similar (I ordered a HSE with only rear tinted windows and electric boot as options). Will chase up next month and see the production AND the ship date... hopefully we'll get our cars before Christmas (?).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Battenberg! Did you get any news, delivery still end of october?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.