Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sat nav keeps asking for" SD card", Bluetooth is " Waiting for Bluetooth". DaB radio is "Waiting for DAB".
Dealer tried to fix it yesterday. They are now waiting for a response from JLR.
Its booked in for 2 days next week.
At this moment in time the USB is still working :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There are definitely glitches in this new media system, if we add up all the separate faults we each have JLR have a problem. it make you wonder what happens during testing.
My lad works for Bentley and he spent a week sitting in the back seat whilst being driven round Europe testing the rear seat infotainment system, I would have hoped JLR had done sufficient field testing to find these faults.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My system is working faultlessly. I seem to be the minority.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mines good too. Seems to be the lux infotainment that causes most issues.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My system is good also

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ahem - no problem with mine either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No issue with my HSE loaner, although first thing in the morning I get a warning message in the cluster display saying something about windshield camera sensor obscured and press OK to clear ?
Strange as it has no forward camera or as far as I can tell anywhere to press OK ????

·
Registered
677 Posts
Press OK on the steering wheel, also it has monitors/cameras up beside the rear view mirror, you can see them from the outside, they're for auto lights/wipers, audible speed warning etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
And for auto braking!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I thought HSE Lux HDD SatNav doesn't use a SD Card at all?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Front cameras are also for lane departure warning system....
My Audio is playing up, when I got the car my Ipod connected through cable in centre console would just disconnect fopr no reason, now it does not charge or show up on the radio source selection screen. I am assuming a loose connection that has dropped out somewhere.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Doelcam said:
My Audio is playing up, when I got the car my Ipod connected through cable in centre console would just disconnect fopr no reason, now it does not charge or show up on the radio source selection screen. I am assuming a loose connection that has dropped out somewhere.....
Try a different cable? They don't last for ever...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doelcam said:
Read this...
http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=601
might be an answer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys, it was a faulty lead.... Worked ok in my FL2 but did not like being moved!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lost the plot update .
Well after several attempts to fix my Bluetooth and Dab. They bought my DS back today and said that they had sorted it. Well what a surprise i get in the car 2 minutes after they left and it does not work again. They came back took it away again and 4 hours later they finally worked out that it not working like it should be. So the whole unit is being replaced tomorrow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kenthecheese said:
Lost the plot update .
Well after several attempts to fix my Bluetooth and Dab. They bought my DS back today and said that they had sorted it. Well what a surprise i get in the car 2 minutes after they left and it does not work again. They came back took it away again and 4 hours later they finally worked out that it not working like it should be. So the whole unit is being replaced tomorrow.
I bet the first few times they never even looked at it! I had a similar problem with a software update on an Evoque! In the end I had to contact JLR to sort it out with the dealer, I never spoke to the dealer again and in fact had a £500 voucher for the way the dealer treated me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lost the plot update 2
The whole unit replaced and it is still the same.
They are now saying that it could be the can-bus system that is not communicating properly.
Landrover Tech team are working on it.
Hope they get it sorted soon not impressed having to drive around in a Jaguar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ours went back to dealer due to media player crashing and iPod not working. We've been told they identified a fault and have done a software update. There was talk of a new unit but then said it wasn't necessary - I wonder if this is just to save cost. iPod still doesn't work but we've been told now that it's because we use an ipod classic and it's out of date technology! Annoying...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts