Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having the same problems with the entertainment system. ( Waiting for Bluetooth. Waiting for DAB. Freezing screen.)
to add to that if i have the key in my left pocket or in the drinks holder in the central console car will not start so i have to move it to centre cubby hole or drivers door pocket. Worst of all yesterday i stopped behind a car turning right in front of me the stop start kicked in as normal,but when i lifted my foot off the brake it id not restart car had shut down all lights on the dash out like it was parked it had applied the handbrake and put its self into park. When i tried to restart as normal nothing no ignition lights just dead. Had to put on hazards on and get out of the car and lock it then unlock it then started as normal. As you can imagine i not impressed and a little worried what next. I am beginning to lose confidence with this car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What does LR say?

·
Registered
230 Posts
its appalling really. so unlucky.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
What does LR say?
Nothing !! They say that this is the first issue of its kind it is going to the dealers tomorrow for them to look at.
They have had it 3 times already.
I will update when i find out anything

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
A good friend had a somewhat similar problem with his Range Rover in that it was, as yours is, clearly a safety related one. After the dealer had tried twice to solve the problem with the aid of JLR Germany and failed he took the car to the dealer saying he would pick it up again when the problem was solved, when he had clear information about what had caused the problem, what had been done to solve it and a written guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. He also demanded, and got, a courtesy car at absolutely no cost. Within a week the problem was solved once and for all. Perhaps something similar is required here. Just a suggestion. Anyway good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a similar experience, I pulled up to a junction and as the auto stop kicked in I put my foot down to pull away, the engine did not know what to do, it spluttered a bit then shutdown as if I had parked, fortunately I pressed the start button and carried on. I have also had issue pulling onto my driveway, I pull on forwards and reverse against a wall, when I pull in, the auto stop kicks in before I have it in reverse and occasionally it switches off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a very long wait my replacement DS is on its way to my Dealer. It has been a long haul to get mine replaced. Let hope this one does what is is supposed to do. :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sounds like some dodgy connections, I wonder if you have this "chafing wiring loom" problem that's been reported of late?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ccomley said:
Sounds like some dodgy connections, I wonder if you have this "chafing wiring loom" problem that's been reported of late?
Mine has lots of dodgy connections often goes into reverse when you select drive. New this week "2 Wheel drive only available please drive carefully"

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Kenthecheese said:
ccomley said:
Mine has lots of dodgy connections often goes into reverse when you select drive. New this week "2 Wheel drive only available please drive carefully"
I'd get it back to the dealer at once and rant and rage in the show-room if they don't immediately find you a suitable courtesy car whilst they work out what's going on, or even swap you to a totally new car.

Of cousre, it could be lots of very dramatic symptoms of a simple fault which once found is easy to fix, but don't let them fob you off, that's a major list of issues IMHO and yes, quite likely dangerous.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ccomley said:
Kenthecheese said:
ccomley said:
I'd get it back to the dealer at once and rant and rage in the show-room if they don't immediately find you a suitable courtesy car whilst they work out what's going on, or even swap you to a totally new car.

Of cousre, it could be lots of very dramatic symptoms of a simple fault which once found is easy to fix, but don't let them fob you off, that's a major list of issues IMHO and yes, quite likely dangerous.
Hi CComley, They have built me a Replacement will be at dealers in next few days and does not have the current "Fault" the fix has been applied to it.
it has been at 2 Dealerships they have no idea what is causing the faults.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts