Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a text today from my salesman asking for my V5 for my current motor, so he can get the plate transfer started. Only 15 more days and my DS will coming down the line :cool:

This time next month I will be driving around in my new Sport :D, time has flew past, I still remember handing over my deposit in May think March is an age away.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am leaving my plate for a few month or so just in case it slows down the delivery, I had a two week wait due to plate transfer on the last car.
Mine set to be built the 6th so I am looking for the 20th March before I get my sticky mitts on it.

What date are the first one on the road with joe public?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Getting excited then j77! Mine's not due until late March, but my dealer did retention immediately and my current motor has been on it's new 08 plate for 11 days now!

There must have been a seismic shift in attitude at the DVLA this year as they turned it around in a week. Ordered car 16 Jan, new V5 arrived 23 Jan, plate retention certificate 26 Jan (and dealer delivered new plates to me). New plates fitted 27 Jan!!!!! It used to take many weeks. Plus, my dealer did it all and paid for it too. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
My build date still w/c 12 Feb, but arrival at dealer slipped a week to 6th March. Appears vehicles have been turning up ahead of planned dates, but bit of wait & see.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ordered today, build date in 2 weeks for a delivery date of circa mid March. 10% discount as well so I'm well chuffed!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My salesman penciled me in for 9th of March for collection.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Altered my build this afternoon to include the in secure tracker, thought it was better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Check that your insurance company think it is worth it. The InSecure is a Cat 6 'locator' not a Cat 5 'tracker'. May not be worth the money.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was not doing it for the insurance company just thought it would be a good idea, however what's the difference between the two ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cat 5 allows remote shutdown of engine and power capping...Cat 6 doesn't....no concern really, CAT 6 still tracks and locates etc etc if you have a £200K McLaren or similar then expect to need a CAT 5 shutdown system.... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts