Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came yesterday, but raining this morning so pics not brill. I`ve added black pack grill and stainless steel sidetubes. Really think I`ve made a great colour choice. Also a pic of it against the evoque dynamic. Overall comparing the 2 I prefer the DS

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quality Pics! I take it u now have three landrovers on ur drive, DS, Evoque and a Defender!? Looks like u wouldn't go with any colour other than Black!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree. Looks the business. Been out for a drive yet :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tollerted said:
I agree. Looks the business. Been out for a drive yet :)
Yes, done 75 miles in it.

I`m very very impressed with it, few simple paragraphs on thoughts so far

Looks - love it, much better in the flesh than photos. More of a mans car than evoque and so far all the neighbours thought it looked fantastic

The amount of interior space is vast, better place to be for passengers than my f10 m5 (latest 5 series.) The 2nd row passenger seating is outstanding, you wouldn`t want or need anymore room

The 3rd row seating is a fantastic added bonus, easily transport 2 80kg adults back from the pub or a 15 mins ride. Perfect for kids for a long journey. LIttle tight getting in and out though, but easy for kids/teenagers

Engine - tried and tested power unit that`s returning 37mpg on knocking about, which will only improve. (my 6 speed auto evoque only ever did 27mpg) I`m sure on a run mid 40`s shoudn`t be an issue. Plenty of poke, and completely disagree with the motoring press about the noise

Drive - couldn`t ask for more. So planted on uneven country roads and very very refined. One of the most comfortable cars I`ve ever travelled in, outstanding. I`ve had the new full fat RR on long demo for a fortnight and a Disco4 for 18 months. With these they felt very refined too, but they just seem like a big LUMP, when steering into corners. The discovery sport is a proper balance of refinement and nimbleness. Very impressed with this about the car.

Spec - well being HSE comes with everything you need and more

Quality - again almost top marks. The doors feel of german build quality as does most of the switch gear.. The leather seems very good quality and love how the buttons are laid out, very simple

The fascia plastic in the middle does slightly let it down, but suppose it will be easy to wipe down and keep clean. The buttons to the left of the screen are difficult to reach, and I have long arms. The new info-tainment is good, but still not as good as the BMW professional system but better than their business system though. Music quality really surprised me, brilliant!!

I really think this car is a JLR winner. As a go anywhere vehicle which I also failed to mention it`s everything and more. I can`t see what else somebody would want from a car in this class. Well done JLR. Anybody thinking of taking the plunge get on that waiting list. I can see the lead times getting longer and longer. My dealer already said all his new orders are now going in a holding pool

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for the real-life review; always enjoy reading such comments!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks. It's great to get feedback from the real world. My experience so far is on the test drive, but I was impressed by the ride quality enough to abandon the original plan for a Discovery 4!

·
Registered
138 Posts
The black should always come with a black grill, it really sets it off....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts