Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 days left to change my order and can't decide if I should add TSR. Does the Sat Nav display speed limits and warn if you are over them like my Garmin used to or do I need TSR for this :?

Advice from current users greatly appreciated :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't add it. Mine only works in less than 20% of the cases. I am in the US where speed limit signs are really easily recognizable.

I have heard the same from people from the UK.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was worried this might be the case :oops:

So many LR accessories turn out to be useless :roll:

Thanks for you reply

·
Registered
179 Posts
Muddywheels said:
I have 5 days left to change my order and can't decide if I should add TSR. Does the Sat Nav display speed limits and warn if you are over them like my Garmin used to or do I need TSR for this :?

Advice from current users greatly appreciated :cool:
I have it and find it is accurate about 90% of the time. It very useful to have the speed limit up on the central display, close to the digital speed read-out (and next to the dial which I find I don't actually look at much, the digital number gets easier attention). Sometimes, it gets the wrong end of the stick for a while, but usually sorts itself out quickly enough. No speed limit display comes up on the satnav main screen, that I have noticed anyway.

In summary, if I was buying again, I'd still order TSR on the next one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My experience so far is that it's 50-50 for it to get right. Obviously good weather and less obstruction makes it better and raining days or shade over the sign make it worth. It also doesn't seem to see the sign if you are on the inner most lane of a 6 lane road (3 lanes each direction). I feel that it's nice to have but it's not reliable enough for you to depend on it. It came as a part of a driver assist package here in Canada. I doubt I would get it by itself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No. Only 50% of the signs are right.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I thought it was possible to switch the speed limit notification on, with the std sat nav?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes, it works well on my Sat Nav.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input - looks like std sat nav speed notifications will do me and save £250 on TSR :cool:

Sure I'll find something else to spend the saving on though :lol:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I dont think any of the systems on the car that use the stereo cameras work reliably .

·
Registered
796 Posts
My High beam assist annoyed so many people I had to turn it off ... Lane departure warning is off aswell it was working at all speeds even on low sensitivity

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Paul as well as auto headlights off, I also turn off stop/start when I get in, I keep lane departure warning on but can't imagine it would wake me up if I fell asleep.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The standard sat-nav speed limit indication is not very accurate at all, because it is only displayed from the latest data base update available, (and not from the vehicles camera) so if temporary or modified speed limits are put in place, it still only displays the stored information/speed, also in some areas where there is no information stored, you can drive for quite a while with nothing displayed. I leave it on because most 30mph areas are stored, and are quite accurate so it does tend to warn if you enter a 30mph limit, its all the other speeds that tend to give occasional false readings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.