Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tried sevreal times on my SE, nothing.
No automatic brake, no alarm sound.
I really thought it should have been standard equipement, am I wrong?
Is mine broken?
I searched the forum but I didn't find a thread about it, maybe it's just mine broken.

·
Registered
179 Posts
How do you test for that then? I assume having tested and not found it, you now have major damage at the front of your previously shiny DS?!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I suppose if you wanted to seriously test it you could use those Styrofoam advertising boards they use at motor racing etc. Should be big enough to detect but do no damage on impact.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few trucks and cars in my town suddenly stopping in front of me.
I had to brake all the time to avoid impact, no warning or auto emergency brake, and I was very close.
So how should it work? Is it standard equipement after all?

Edit: A second video

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's standard on all Disco Sports. My camera was blocked yesterday because of condensation on the outside of the windscreen, DS was showing an AEB Camera blocked, or something or other warning on the dash.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine has never beeped or braked automatically either. Sometimes I do wonder if it's actually faulty or I'm not testing hard enough (of course I wouldn't want to actually crash it either :lol: )

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
They had better come up with a virtual way of testing it before it becomes part of the MOT, or else the average life expectancy of the MOT tester will become considerably shorter. :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm guessing an easy and safe way to test this is to hang a sheet up and drive at it.

Just make sure no one is behind it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rogerone said:
A few trucks and cars in my town suddenly stopping in front of me.
I had to brake all the time to avoid impact, no warning or auto emergency brake, and I was very close.
So how should it work? Is it standard equipement after all?

Edit: A second video
I think the whole point is that if you managed to brake & avoid it then it did not need to cut in.

My understanding is that it will cut in if an impact is probably inevitable (taking into account closing speed and best case braking effort) and either reduce the impact speed or if at a lower speed avoid the impact.

If you braked and missed the truck then there was plenty of time. If it cut in too early then that would also be a whole separate issue !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

According to the Owner's Manual the system is activated when there's a risk of collision as long as the AEB box is ticked on the instrument display menu. What's really interesting is that it doesn't work above 50mph where there's a real risk of injury and it doesn't work below 5mph like for example when pulling away from a roundabout and driving into the back of someone! (not guilty). Also, once it's activated it'll apply maximum braking automatically, great...however if you swerve it will disengage and presumably release the brakes (hopefully your foot will already be on the brake pedal by then).

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
DZ1 said:
Hi everyone,

According to the Owner's Manual the system is activated when there's a risk of collision as long as the AEB box is ticked on the instrument display menu. What's really interesting is that it doesn't work above 50mph where there's a real risk of injury and it doesn't work below 5mph like for example when pulling away from a roundabout and driving into the back of someone! (not guilty). Also, once it's activated it'll apply maximum braking automatically, great...however if you swerve it will disengage and presumably release the brakes (hopefully your foot will already be on the brake pedal by then).
It doesn't work below 3MPH according to my handbook.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.