Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new here after placeing an order in July. My dealer confirmed a September delivery on the ordered spec. I was quite hapy with however from hearing all the horror stories on the forum should i be worried that it wont arrive in time. The dealer seemed to have quite an allocation available and i reserved and specced one of the HSE's allocated to Sept. Is this consistant with others waiting times.

I have ordered from a main dealer in Northumberland.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ordered in June (20th) and was told to not expect delivery before October. (SE Tech)

Dealer is in Cumbria.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I ordered in mid May and took delivery on June 20th. The date only slipped by a few days, then I got it two days before they first suggested (I picked it up mid-week, they had said Sat - I guess Sats are busy so they were happy to bring it forward).

I guess two factors are
- choosing stuff that takes longer to arrive (such as engines that aren't even available yet!)
- finding a dealer who has, as you say, unused allocation.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think the horror stories are from people who ordered when the 2.2 engine was still on the go and they have been caught in the gap between the 2.2 and 2.0, order, build and delivery are in my signature below.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would be fairly pleased, I also bought into a slot - it took 3 weeks to get a build date, but I ordered end June and have a delivery date of end sept - I had hoped for earlier but pretty sure they actually had run out of slots hence the delay in getting a date...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.