Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been flicking through the online manual (i need to do something to pass the 5 month wait!)

It seems the audio functions between entertainment pack and non are pretty much the same.

We use iPhones and it seems we have two options for connecting them to the head unit.

1) Via USB in the centre console
2) Via Bluetooth

The manual says that if a device has two connections it can cause audio problems and you need to select the output function on the phone.

Are there any advantages to connecting via the USB instead of the Bluetooth?
Does bluetooth allow full access to the music library on the device?

If Bluetooth had the same functions I could just charge from the 5V socket which would save the phone getting confused!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My I phone 4 iOS 7 works fine as a phone via bluetooth but does not stream music via bluetooth properly, ok with newer phones on iOS8.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My iPhone 5 streams Music No probs via Bluetooth.

I cant see the point of plugging it in ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chalky (if i remember correctly you converted your headlights to the DRLs on your FL2?)

When connected via Bluetooth can you browser by artist/album/genre and does the album work appear?

thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi, No not me, must be another ? I was on the D3 Forum though but never had a FL2

It does not display the Album Artwork, but you can select Album, artist track etc through the screen and via the buttons on the wheel, from that respect it does all i need it to, still getting used to what it can do and keep forgetting i've got the voice prompts so dont even have to find the phone when making calls or scrolling through numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.