Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I wonder if anyone else out there has the manual version - mine's the HSE Luxury. I've switched from Disco (3) which displays current gear selected (which I find useful) on the instrument panel and according to the handbook the same is supposed to be the case for the DS (it illustrates what's displayed when the car is in Neutral - "N" surprisingly enough). However what I seem to get is a prompt in green (bottom left of the display) to shift up a gear when the system thinks you should. I can't find a menu item related to this aspect of the display - perhaps the handbook is mistaken? Any comments out there please?

·
Registered
677 Posts
As far as I'm aware manual LRs have never shown the gear selected, only autos will show P,NR or D or I,2,3 etc when command shift is selected.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agree, and why would it if you can look down and see the gear you're in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting observations - I've always driven manual LRs (Discovery until last week when I picked up my new DS) and the last one (Disco 3) definitely displayed the current gear. We even learned a complicated procedure for rebooting the system that controls the display should it disappear. And to be honest you can't judge just by looking at the gear stick what gear you're in - the lateral movement isn't that great and there's no fixed reference point. This isn't a big deal but the handbook definitely suggests that the current gear should be displayed in the instrument panel (bottom left) - the example display shows "N" for neutral.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Must be a feature unique to the manual D3, my one was auto. But 2 manual Fl2s and an Evoque and none have ever displayed the gear on the dash. I had a look at the manual transmission section of the owners manual on Topix and it just refers to the Eco up shift indicator.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Done a bit of research and its a feature unique to the D3, not sure about older Discos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it! I'm so accustomed to having selected gear displayed on my manual D3 that it didn't initially occur to me that the handbook illustration related only to the auto gearbox!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts