Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please advise when the new engines (ingenium) will be placed on DS and when can we buy a DS with the new egine in Europe? I believe that it makes sense to wait the new engine correct? Can we pre-order a DS with the new engine?

Thanks,

TT

·
Registered
562 Posts
In truth there is nothing official that the DS will get the Ingenium engine. But word is 2WD models will be released later in the year with the 2.0. It remains to be seen about a more powerful engine to replace the power of the current SD4 2.2.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The DS(4WD) will get the new engine just no one knows when. My guess would be 2016MY. This is the last year that LR have to put the PSA engine in their cars, that was part of the agreement when Ford sold them to Tata that they would supply engines until 2015.

·
Registered
562 Posts
J77, yes very possibly. Probably the RR Evoque (due perceived premium brand) will probably get the new engine before the DS! Like you say who knows?.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont you think though that is better to wait for the new engine before buying this car? I believe that it will happen before 2016 as Jaquar XE will be equipped with Ingenium engine by May 2015. Maybe at that time we will see a 2WD ED4 Discovery Sport?

·
Registered
677 Posts
This will be my 5th LR with the PSA engine and its proved itself to be a reliable unit, the Ingenium engine will no doubt have improved efficiency but for me it's to much of the unknown. It will be great in the new Jag but in a Land Rover I'm not sure, Land Rovers are still too heavy to get the real benefits from it.

All engine production has been assigned to the new Jag, which needs it more than LR, who's sales are through the roof, Jaguars aren't so strong and need something to compete with Germans

So for me, no, it's not worth the wait.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Agree J77. When/if the new engine gets announced, I'll put down a deposit for one and upon trying to see if it is worth the swap. Not sure it will make a huge difference to the re-sale of the first edition DS. I can't see the new engine getting hugely improved mileage, but maybe slightly quieter.

My current TD4 2.2 Auto FL2 is getting (trip computer) 32mpg on average, anyone know what the SD4 9spd Auto in the Evouque gets?

·
Registered
677 Posts
One owner I know is reporting 38/39mpg.

You'll just have to keep your eye on the Eco data, make sure it's always green :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. However, the new engine has much lower CO2 emmisions and therefore much lower taxes on the car and therefore the DS with the new engines will be cheaper than the current DS. I am talking about most European countries, which tax cars according to emmisions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On my test drive with the guy from landrover, he suggested maybe September ish for the new engine but don't quote him on it lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
Due to Dutch taxes, an extra EUR 8,500 over the old 2.2 Diesel, the new 2.0 119gr CO2 will sell very well in The Netherlands. Have a look at what RICA Engineering achieved with the Evoque 2.2TD 4; they managed an extra 78bhp and some 80NM torque. My Evoque engine was transformed for just EUR 700

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Is it true that the DW12 has better towing characteristics Than the AJ20?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First DS to be built with new engine is planned to be end of July and as you are all aware will be 2WD only. I collect my DS beginning of March, I am more than happy with the tried and tested 4WD Evoque engine, personally I don't think it would be a good idea to be one of the first with a new engine.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was always advised by the people in the car plants not to buy any new model vehicle until after the first face lift when they put the major faults right.

I will admit that statement goes back a few years but I am yet to see any evidence to make me change that point of view, hence why I am happier with the current tried and tested engine over the new 4cylinder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I visited the dealer and he confirmed to me September for delivering a DS with the new engine 4WD. I really want to know the advantages ofnthe new engine in order to decide. Is it true that the noice will be much lower?

·
Registered
829 Posts
You might want to check the 4WD bit again as my dealer said on Saturday that nothing has been communicated about Ed4 2.0 diesel with either 4WD or automatic. Fact is these combinations will be available but only when the 2.2 diesel is no longer around IMO (guess early 2016)

Lets hear it from Warkman!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ha ha! Warkman!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My husband and I have been looking for a compact suv since the middle of 2014. Family increasing in size.
We looked at the q5 and the x3 as well as the evoque. We couldn't agree on a car at all both loved the evoque but it wasn't quite big enough for our needs.
We both test drove the DS and love it. I would put a deposit down tomorrow if I could but my husband is not so convinced given the impending release of the ingenium engine. I am not convinced we should wait given the lack of clarity of the actual release date. However I don't know much about any Land Rover engines. Other then what you can read in the reviews.

Am I being silly not wanting to wait.
What can I say to convince my husband the current DS is the one to go for? Or is he, gulp, right?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts