Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We bought our car last year and the maps on it have never worked. I booked it in for a days diagnostics in September at Inchcape LR Norwich and it is still there at the moment (30/11/21).
Customer service has been rubbish, barely any communication from the garage to keep me in the loop - I had to chase them, and when I did speak to them I was assured there would be no additional cost and that they felt 'no cost should fall on me'.
A couple of weeks ago now I get a call saying my car can be collected, they know what it wrong with it and it need a whole new infotainment unit (which is now completely non functional thanks to their actions) which will be about £2.5k.
Obviously really frustrated at the situation as they didn't tell me about any risks associated with running the diagnostics that could impact on the cars functionality and therefore I could not give informed consent to the work carried out. They caused the damage and coupled with the service advisors comments - should be liable to fix it.
They are threatening me with cancelling the cover on the courtesy car (and have done several times), which I don't want to return until the matter is resolved as I refuse to accept my car in a degraded state.
I have tried to escalate within Inchcape, also contacted trading standards. Now getting to the point where I am considering taking it to another garage to get fixed and then taking them to small claims court for the costs.
Just wondering if anyone has had to escalate a complaint like this before or take it to the court level?

Sorry for such a long post!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd initially contact Land Rover customer service. I'd also write a formal letter/email to the Managing Director or the dealership. If possible do everything by email so you've got proof/paper trail, if you have to do it by phone then record all calls ensuring you inform the other party at the start of the call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts