Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting my MY17's 48 month service done at an independent garage. Does anyone know if this would cut me off from any further FOC oil services under the terms of JLRP00100? (Ie: due to the lack of an unbroken JLR service record).

Car is currently on 28600 miles and has had 3 "arduous services" so far, so I'm expecting to need a few more before reaching the 55000 mile limit.

Grateful for any advice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realise this is reviving an old thread, but I hope it is useful for owners of MY 17s and older vehicles.
Have just heard from JLR CRC that vehicles which have been serviced outside of the JLR dealership network do not qualify for free oil changes, even if they satisfy the service message, VIN and mileage criteria.

I currently have a service required message, 8000 miles after the last service. I had the 4yr service done at an independent, following the JLR schedule which I provided. I am waiting for a ruling on a free service from my local dealer, but you can assume they said “No, sir”, unless I post again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surprise surprise! Dealer said bring it in and we’ll check it out. I didn’t mention CRC’s comments. Dilution was showing as over 10% and dealer offered to do an oil and filter change free of charge (despite my 48 month service having been done by an independent). Done while I waited and they even updated the OSH. Not the usual cat and mouse game at all! Happy days.

Reactions: RPR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts