Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
It works for me when I connect our very old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Are you plugging it into the correct USB port in the centre console?

·
Registered
918 Posts
dbwinter said:
RPR said:
Okay if it's the Toch then it makes sense.

If sound quality is important and you have a usb input then use a pen drive
The pen drive won't play FLAC.

FLAC only plays via Apple phones or using your device's analogue output via AUX.

The DS is a great car, let down with a major failing (for those that care about audio).

The Meridian system sounds very impressive, though.
So have you the 'basic' audio system? Does it not come with a USB port in the armrest? Apple phones cannot play FLAC, they have to use Apple's own lossless or AIFF.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RPR said:
dbwinter said:
RPR said:
Okay if it's the Toch then it makes sense.

If sound quality is important and you have a usb input then use a pen drive
The pen drive won't play FLAC.

FLAC only plays via Apple phones or using your device's analogue output via AUX.

The DS is a great car, let down with a major failing (for those that care about audio).

The Meridian system sounds very impressive, though.
So have you the 'basic' audio system? Does it not come with a USB port in the armrest? Apple phones cannot play FLAC, they have to use Apple's own lossless or AIFF.
I have the Meridian 380W system that comes with the Touch (non-Pro) Infotainment. The Landmark edition DS that I have is equiavlent to a HSE with additional bells and whistles.

I plug my phone into the USB port in the armrest and this works with an Apple phone but not for an Android one.

Apple phones can play FLAC if you use the 'VOX' application.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I take it you've 'allowed' the connection on your android phone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the software updates to the Incontrol touch are available to install ourselves rather than need to go into a dealership?
I've just noticed that my MY17 is still running version 3.0 so looks like it has never been updated during any of the services.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Until you get upgraded to a version that supports SOTA ( over the air updates ) plus a dealer enables SOTA for your vehicle, then unfortunately, it's a dealer only upgrade for ICTP. Also, expect it to take at least 3/4 hour for them to perform some of the larger updates.

Roy

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Euco said:
Does anyone know if the software updates to the Incontrol touch are available to install ourselves rather than need to go into a dealership?
I've just noticed that my MY17 is still running version 3.0 so looks like it has never been updated during any of the services.
No, InControl Touch is only dealer upgradable and as old technology there won't be any SOTA capability in the future.

·
Registered
919 Posts
InControl Touch is no longer supported and there will be no future software updates.

InControl Touch Pro is also living on borrowed time.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Anyone know what ICT3.6 fixes or offers (I'm on 3.4). Any release notes available?

As it's the final version it might be worth an attempt at getting an upgrade out of the dealer if there's something making it worthwhile.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I found it faster and more responsive but then that could be that it was a fresh install. Do the class 10 SD card upgrade if you haven't already.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
sandbox said:
I found it faster and more responsive but then that could be that it was a fresh install. Do the class 10 SD card upgrade if you haven't already.
Did the Class 10 SD Card swap back in 2016! ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Been a while... :)

Had my software updated after the car electronics elected to completely shutdown... it shutdown so well that whilst the locking, audio and tailgate still functioned, the central instrument display was completely dead along with the start button. LR Assist had to disconnect the battery to reboot the car and bring it back to life... battery was fine.

Anyway, seems there is a later 3.6 software version now...

Brown Font Gadget Screenshot Electronic device

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ian_S said:
Been a while... :)

Had my software updated after the car electronics elected to completely shutdown... it shutdown so well that whilst the locking, audio and tailgate still functioned, the central instrument display was completely dead along with the start button. LR Assist had to disconnect the battery to reboot the car and bring it back to life... battery was fine.

Anyway, seems there is a later 3.6 software version now...

IMG_3452.JPG
Nope, that's the same version as me from Aug 2019.

3.6 = JLR_3.6R01_01_LVLV_SW09_Aug_2019

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow thank you for making this list! My local dealer has told me for years now that there is no update for my 2016 DS HSE and to just deal with the constant crashing and lag... Any help or pointing me in the direction to do a system update myself would be very appreciated!

Looks like I'm on the original firmware(s) for everything. Except my Jacinto ends in Dec_20' Font Technology Gadget Screenshot Display device

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Rusty Shackleford said:
Wow thank you for making this list! My local dealer has told me for years now that there is no update for my 2016 DS HSE and to just deal with the constant crashing and lag... Any help or pointing me in the direction to do a system update myself would be very appreciated!

Looks like I'm on the original firmware(s) for everything. Except my Jacinto ends in Dec_20'intouchves.jpg
You are on the original version 2.5 = JLR_2.5R09_05_LVLC_SW_11_Dec_2015 (the last 2 digits are not visible hence you see just 20)

Only a dealer can update this system. However, you can try deleting personal data:

At the main home screen, press the bottom right gears.
Select "System"
At the bottom select "Delete all personal data"
Press "Yes".

Or disconnect the car battery for an hour (although you will need to reset the windows and pan roof blind, memory seats etc. if fitted).

Speed up the SavNav with a class 10 SD card. I use a Mac so used Disk Utility to take a complete image (clone) of the SD card and then restored it to a new class 10 SD card. The main speed improvement I see is loading, inputing postcodes and then calculating the route. I also like to have a backup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got a dealer to not only admit there is a software update to fix a lot of the issues (JLR 3.6) but they also said that both their remote start apps are bricking cars of all models or simply just do not work right now and they are expecting an updated app in November.

I just got my car back with the newest JLR_3.6R01_01_LVLC_SW_09_Aug_20'

So far everything seems to be working including my backup camera which they said could still go out but is now warranted with the update.

I took before and after pics of the 2 main menus in engineering mode if anyone is curious to see the versions of everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rusty Shackleford said:
I finally got a dealer to not only admit there is a software update to fix a lot of the issues (JLR 3.6) but they also said that both their remote start apps are bricking cars of all models or simply just do not work right now and they are expecting an updated app in November.

I just got my car back with the newest JLR_3.6R01_01_LVLC_SW_09_Aug_20'

So far everything seems to be working including my backup camera which they said could still go out but is now warranted with the update.

I took before and after pics of the 2 main menus in engineering mode if anyone is curious to see the versions of everything.
[/quote]

Hi!

which year of the car do you have ?
Did the dealer update for free ?

Did you pay anything for it ?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts