Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email from LR saying that the T&Cs for use of InControl Apps have been updated. I don't recall being asked to accept them in the first place when the account was set up.

Regardless, looking at the cancellation/termination section, it would appear that the onus is on the owner to cancel the subscription/services when selling the vehicle. It does not go not to mention how the new owner would be able to take over ownership of the service.

This got me thinking that it is possible that someone can sell a vehicle but retain the InControl remote function and monitor future movements of the car even after it is sold.

Have I got this wrong? Thoughts? Does the new 'remote heat/cool' functions rely on being within a certain range of the car for it to work? I can imagine a situation where having sold the car someone starts having some fun and remotely messing around with these functions or perhaps LR owners are nicer people.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same with BMW.. My connected drive was still connected after car sold because BMWs site under maintenance. It is up to me to cancel but spoke to them and if a new owner registered the car to them it would be deleted from me.. Also the subscription is just free for three years isn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.