Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brochure says this is included in the HSE Lux, presumably needs phone plugged into USB. has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
doddlewalker,

It does indeed require you to plug in your iPhone or Android device into the specific USB port in the front armrest. You will also have to have put the InControl app onto the device to get it to sync and display the apps you've selected on the phone. That sounds a bit confusing because it is! It is essentially a ringed Land Rover environment on your phone, of Apps within an App, that can then be displayed on the centre screen. It is Land Rover's equivalent of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. But, I fear not as good.

It comes as standard on HSE Lux models, and I have crazily ordered as an extra for my HSE Black. Even though I think it is going to be a bit rubbish.

I'm hoping that JLR will update it as time goes on. But, there doesn't appear to be much development since it was launched! Expect a raft of moaning posts about it when I get my DS next month - hopefully.

Videos of it working here:

And here:
[URL=http://youtu.be/4vWrx3YcbvM]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
philstix said:
doddlewalker,

It does indeed require you to plug in your iPhone or Android device into the specific USB port in the front armrest. You will also have to have put the InControl app onto the device to get it to sync and display the apps you've selected on the phone. That sounds a bit confusing because it is! It is essentially a ringed Land Rover environment on your phone, of Apps within an App, that can then be displayed on the centre screen. It is Land Rover's equivalent of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. But, I fear not as good.

It comes as standard on HSE Lux models, and I have crazily ordered as an extra for my HSE Black. Even though I think it is going to be a bit rubbish.

I'm hoping that JLR will update it as time goes on. But, there doesn't appear to be much development since it was launched! Expect a raft of moaning posts about it when I get my DS next month - hopefully.

Videos of it working here:

And here:
[URL=http://youtu.be/4vWrx3YcbvM]

Thanks, I'm a serious tech head so this stuff always appeals (however useless it turns out to be), but agree it's not looking as slick as Apple or Google alternatives, I think I read somewhere that it was developed by Bosch, hopefully it's now up to app devs to take over and do their stuff.

Look forward to seeing your feedback when your car arrives.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It was indeed developed by Bosch.

I'm a bit of a Techie too! Hence ordering this as an option for my HSE Black. The only way I could get the Apps though was to get it bundled in with InControl WiFi - the cutting edge system that requires an additional SIM that runs only on 3G! Not sure if I will even use it as my girls in the back with their tablets can just tether off my 4G iPhone!

A few of the other longer-term owners on here have not been that impressed with it and I get the impression they don't bother with it. Have seen more about it on the Evoque and XE forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.