Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well picked up the car today but having problems with the InControl app. The account is set up ok but I can't connect to the car at all.

Anybody else having problem with it?

Will post pics up of the car soon!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did have the same issue at the beginning but was able to figure out.

first, make sure your incontrol remote is installed and signed in. when you plug in your device in the car, make sure it is unlocked, meaning "on". there should be a message pops up on your phone and say - Incontrol would like to communicate to your device or something, then hit "allow"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No luck, just keeps saying 'updating'. Will have to call them tomorrow to see if they can help.

Maybe going outside waving my phone at it whist threatening to chop it in for a X3 might help!

·
Registered
100 Posts
We picked the car up 2 days ago. The Dealer had set it up. We received an e-mail with an activation link and I thought that'd sort it, but it showed the car as still being at Halewood. Anyway, the next time we started the car it all linked up so it's now working.
Are the incontrol buttons in the roofline lit up, which is an indication that it's all connected up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only the SOS one is lit up. I've started the car up to see if that helped but no luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure what else to suggest, other than the dealer. Hope you get sorted soon!
Afterthought - might be worth a short drive. I think it logs journeys over 1km

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tollerted said:
Not sure what else to suggest, other than the dealer. Hope you get sorted soon!
Afterthought - might be worth a short drive. I think it logs journeys over 1km
I have seen a video or manual on how to set this but have just looked on the internet but can not find it. It was from Land Rover

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer set everything up and I can log into the online account and see the account set up but the app will not find the car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just a thought have you got a decent mobile signal at your house, the car has a SIM in it and needs a signal to send data.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well woke up this morning and the app is working fine, seems the car just needed a good nights sleep lol!

Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts