Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody having problems with updating the remote control app, I have a galaxy s5 which is fast on the internet but sometimes struggles to collect the latest info from the car.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine (I phone 4) takes time to fully load journeys but will load up the mileage and fuel quickly .

·
Registered
100 Posts
philn said:
Is anybody having problems with updating the remote control app, I have a galaxy s5 which is fast on the internet but sometimes struggles to collect the latest info from the car.
The app just crashes on my wifes Iphone 5. Works ok on my 4S. Tried deleting/adding, soft and hard reset to no avail. Has anyone had similar and found a fix?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not tried it today, but worked well on my iPhone 5 and works fine on my new 6.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started the post, works on my galaxy s5 but sometimes takes ages to load journeys, sometimes does it straight away.

·
Registered
179 Posts
philn said:
I started the post, works on my galaxy s5 but sometimes takes ages to load journeys, sometimes does it straight away.
The time taken to load journeys I suspect is more about the connection from the car to the In Control server. When journeys are missing on the iPhone 5 app (which works fine on mine), they are also missing on InControl website. They always get there in the end though.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've just clocked up 10,000 miles and yesterday's return journey from hockey is missing from the list! Morning trip out is fine as usual but return, in two sections with a shop stop, has no record. Mileage and range is correct. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
I find it's slow to add last journey but it will appear eventually

Mine is asking me to re-enter user name and password occasionally and then have to wait for it to reload trips which is annoying

I'm glad I didn't pay for it or I would be fed up with the inconvenience

·
Registered
398 Posts
Reentering ID from time to time is for security, just like this site if you leave it dormant.
Thanks - I regularly do trips then come into the house to review the data on iPad. It has never been this slow, hence the post but I'll keep checking.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
Sometimes I re-enter details but it doesn't connect so I give up then hours later it will connect without asking for details again :?

I've know it take days to get last trip if I've not driven anywhere - I put it down to poor mobile signal where I live or car sleeping

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mines the same regarding updating journeys, I find if I go in and out of it a few times it works.

For some reason the last few days it has stopped giving me the range (miles left to empty), not a big issue but has always been there before. Have a service due at end of month so will see if they can sort it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks Phil and Muddywheels
My 2-part journey has appeared! My range sometimes says 0 initially too.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The odd thing is that it always shows where the car is but takes time to update trips, you would think that as it has contacted the car it would update trips at same time.

For some reason my range has now reappeared.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts