Discovery Sport Forum banner

I'm de-blacking

11K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Disco 
hmm, agree with OP on the undershields, going for corris with black pack too and think the silver (with sidesteps) provide a really nice balance, also think the black makes it look a little wimpy from the front.

So it's a pretty big change in the look, I'd be pretty unhappy having ordered one thing and something else turning up (unless I had white or black :) ), seeing dealer Monday morning anyway and 2 weeks to go till lock-down so will raise this as an issue for me.

agreed, it's all about personal prefs and lets face it when specifying the black pack it's all about the looks i.e no functional changes. going for corris grey as I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning, but not liking the look of that black on the OP pictures and not sure that will look good on corris especially with sideboards.

I did however notice that on the accessories video at 33sec in it shows the stainless undershield on a black surround instead of silver, looks pretty good as that's the colour combo I'm going for (assuming that's corris grey in the video), so that's an option albeit more cash to get the look I thought I was getting in the first place :-(

Adam823311 said:
I have a my2016 HSE BLACK ED on order in Corris Grey and agree the rear bumper looks better in grey as opposed to an all black version. I note the configurator on the LR website still shows grey valances when you "build" a car. Do you think it's feasible to kick up a fuss with the dealer over this? Mine goes into build on 11/09.
Totally, I would/will be. I appreciate the small print on the order (section 11.3 on mine) which says they can make minor mods without notice, but would argue this isn't a minor detail and changes the look of the car quite significantly from what was ordered. Good for some not for others, but really the car should not look fundamentally different from what you ordered without notice.

I'm seeing my dealer Monday for another test drive and will raise this with him and report back.

Don't think the change itself is an issue, i.e black pack getting more black. It's the fact that people will have cars being delivered that look different to what they ordered, without being consulted.

shame they didn't sort the pedestrian airbag cover.

Moose said:
Those Stainless under shield apart from being expensive are only held on with double sided tape, I have heard elsewhere about one falling off.
:shock: better get a tube of no nails as well. is there a link to the installation instructions anywhere?

hmm, so at dealer this morning to take DS out to check it fits in gge and have a chat about the change in black pack to black undershields. Initially dealer knew nothing about change but when I returned after test drive he confirmed the change was "communicated" from LR last week, as I'm pre-lockdown then it's my choice not an un-communicated change which is fair enough. He did show me the new Evoke black pack which has gloss undershields on the corris and the contrast looks good, would be happy with this (see pic attached), he did say the paint shop there could do that or to go with the stainless additions.

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille

However, later he said there was some confusion as to what would be coming through, as they had a red MY2016 HSE lux with black pack but with silver undershields, suspiciously it was a 15 reg, but details showed it had the new 2.0 engine and was listed as MY2016.

anyway, not sure what to do, paint them, get stainless or just leave them :roll:

Attachments

Adam823311 said:
Thanks doodlewalker, it's a shame we have to be proactive about this as the dealers are clueless! Wonder how much they would charge to gloss the bumper or paint them grey?
Will ask question and get back to you.

oliie said:
doodlewalker said:
oliie said:
Here is red with gloss black. Helps it somewhat.
Looks fab but did they come like that or were they sprayed?
Sprayed but IMHO that's what the black pack should look like... Not matt black plastic like the rest of the bumper.
Agreed, I've asked the dealer to quote for their body shop to do same, not heard yet - did you do it yourself or get this done by a body shop, if so what kind of cost was it if you don't mind me asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.