Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the mode of operation of illuminated treadplates. If I open the door when it is dark, they don't light up. If I sit in the car, and fiddle with the lights (move from auto to on) they seem to come on and stay on. Have I got a duff car or am I missing something?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Should indeed come on when you open the door regardless of interior lights in my view...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've no real idea but I recall from launch vehicles I saw that they were on when the door was open regardless of interior or exterior lights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The tread plates are in parallel with the centre light in the overhead console. You need to set that central light to door mode (holding down for 4 seconds) for the treads to illuminate when you open the door

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
L550, thank you so much. That has worked perfectly, and it also means the footwells light up as well as the lights on the bottom of the wing mirrors.

You are a DS guru.

Any idea why this wasn't already set up?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes the vehicles are setup in door mode when they're built, but some early units were manually taken out of this mode to check that the rear courtesy lamp buttons in the headliner were operational. This is just part of the extensive testing of early build vehicles.

Normally cars have the switch for on/off/door activation on the interior lamps but because the DS has this fancy touch activated MPC you have to hold down the centre lamp to change the mode. It's no big deal when you're used to it, I suppose that could be why the inspector never changed it back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fabulous info L550. Seems like insider info to me. The rear lights work perfectly, and so does everything else, apart from bluetooth (i think).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.