Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would throw in some positivity! We are now in France, and the car is amazing! The problem with the windscreen wash reservoir was fixed within two days of letting the dealer know and new parts fitted! I love the way it drives, the way it handles the corners, my kids love it, we have frequently used the boot seats and i wouldnt change it for anything else! yes there is a squeak in passenger pillar but will get that sorted on my return and have no doubt that the dealer will do with no issues! So here i am, one happy customer! :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Happy to hear some good news! 60 days waiting for me...

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
45 days and counting :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Glad to hear it.

Ours is in France at the moment. From Ponts de Cé this morning, quiet bimble along the Loire to Tours then blat down a nearly empty motorway to Issoire. Good as gold. 42 mpg this morning - bit less this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sort of torn between, impatient to get car and happy to wait a wee while to allow possible fixes of snags!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
UZU said:
Just thought i would throw in some positivity! We are now in France, and the car is amazing! The problem with the windscreen wash reservoir was fixed within two days of letting the dealer know and new parts fitted! I love the way it drives, the way it handles the corners, my kids love it, we have frequently used the boot seats and i wouldnt change it for anything else! yes there is a squeak in passenger pillar but will get that sorted on my return and have no doubt that the dealer will do with no issues! So here i am, one happy customer! :D
The B Pillar has to be welded, mine booked in, they are doing the weld and software update for reversing camera after tow bar fitted.
tony

·
Registered
111 Posts
UZU said:
We love ours as well. Glad to see some positive comments. I haven't had any issues with mine (other than some software glitches, like the gas gauge not being entirely accurate and the speed limit sign in the dash converting to a "night" display sometimes during the day). I looked up my VIN on Topix and it shows some software updates, so I suppose I'll get those eventually.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thought I would revive this old topic to see if anyone, like myself does actually love or even like their DS? I'm beginning to think either I'm lucky or just mad really liking mine after owning it for around a month now.
Seems to me that around 80-90% of the forum members either hate, don't like or would swap their car tomorrow for something else.
Is this the case I do I just read the negative topics?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too love my DS, the car is coming up for 2 years old and touch wood, so far there are no rattles or squeeks, and nothing has broken or fallen off. It hasn't let me down at all and I really enjoy driving it and we use the 7 seats; so for me it is very practical, not too cumbersome unlike a D5 or RRS ( just too big) , performance is great, looks brilliant and I hope to keep it for many years to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had mine 7 weeks, covered approx. 1500 miles and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Had DS since April 2015.
I feel very lucky since I have not had any big issues or complaints.
New rear discs and pads replaced recently ( see post under brake disc corrosion ) under warranty without problem.
Loved the car from day one and still love it but, before I replace it next year with another DS I would want JLR to have completely come clean on and fixed the oil dilution via the regen cycle / service intervals before I purchase another.
My continuation as a future Land Rover owner hinges on their overall approach to this issue.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Sympathies to those that have problems but ours runs very well. Dont miss the air suspension of the RRS anymore, the car has so many good points that its easy to forget about the omission of such (expensive) luxuries.
Compared to the RRS the interior room is so much cleverer in the discovery sport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my DS too. Having paid deposit for SKODA KODIAQ, I changed my mind to settle for DS. I love the shape and driving experience. Good Space and very practical, it rises to all the challenges a modern family throws at it, 7 seats have been handy on a few occasions.

Probably the infotainment is not comparable to SKODA etc, but for me these are secondary stuff. Good driving experience and practicality is key, where DS scores very well.

My only gripe is front parking sensors not coming on automatically and need to fiddle few buttons to get a bird's eye view on the surround camera. I do love the fact that that you can view pictures from individual camera, especial for parking close to the kerb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had mine,3 weeks,...love the drive coming from a fl2,....it's far more refine,....but don't think it will go where the freelanders went,...and wish I could off had the full leather seats out of the freelander,..they seemed more meaty and comfy,and the rears were a inch thicker.
I'm defiantly a £10 +a week better off in the fuel against a freelander.
Looking forward to a long run the weekend to the midland game fair,,,,and may be a muddy fields!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.