Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 'loan' car whilst they sort out the niggles on my own is a red with black roof HSE Lux.

Trying to remember what that was supposed to have that mine doesn't coz so far nothing I've seen has said "I'm worth four grand more than your car". :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think quite a lot have said that haven't they. Not worth the jump to the lux.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I thought that also, can't really see where the extra cash went.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It depends of the option you want to have.
I wanted the meridian system, and other features that are not in the HSE Lux. I am not really interested in the panoramic roof, nor the 19 inch wheels. ...

That's why I choose the HSE, but will all the options, it will cost me more than the HSE LUX.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it has illuminated tread plates. I spotted as I got into it in a dark covered carpark. Big whoop. Didn't notice if it had puddle lights, but my HSE does.

IT has 19" wheels, or even 20" I dunno. Handling is just noticeably perkier than mine. But the ride is also quite discernibly rougher especially over studs, pot holes etc.

It has heated rear seats, which I'd never have a use for, and heated steering wheel, which on the test drive I just found unpleasant.

It has the same stereo as mine.

·
Banned
600 Posts
On freelanders the windsor leather is reportedly much harder wearing than the standard hse leather and possibly gives more leather and less pleather not 4k worth you could get a HSE get seat surgeons to re leather it all and still be ££££'s better off

·
Registered
35 Posts
I chose the Lux over the HSE mainly because of the heated seats (both front and rear) which I had in my Freelander and could not live without and the heated steering wheel is an absolute must. Plus on the few hot days this summer the cooled front seats have been surprisingly effective.

Also liked the look of the Noble plated door handles, illuminated tread plates and the treatment of the word "Discovery" on the bonnet and tailgate - all done in the best possible taste plus the power mirrors are great. Would certainly get another Lux next time.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sneeze said:
I chose the Lux over the HSE mainly because of the heated seats (both front and rear) which I had in my Freelander and could not live without and the heated steering wheel is an absolute must. Plus on the few hot days this summer the cooled front seats have been surprisingly effective.

Also liked the look of the Noble plated door handles, illuminated tread plates and the treatment of the word "Discovery" on the bonnet and tailgate - all done in the best possible taste plus the power mirrors are great. Would certainly get another Lux next time.
What is different with the Discovery wording on the bonnet and tailgate as opposed to the HSE?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
With the black pack you do not even get different coloured letters.

·
Registered
562 Posts
everyting on the HSE Lux you can get on the HSE aside the leather seats.

For me I had no need for the In-Touch extra features, parking assist etc. plus I prefer the non-chrome bits on the HSE.

·
Registered
436 Posts
HSE lux all the way!
The leather quality is fantastic!
I love the brighter detail of the grill, badges and trim compared to the standard DS vehicles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i found that the lux seemed better value if you want some options, like the better seats. We did a spreadsheet with the options we wanted added in to the various models and the difference was really small and we could have the tan seats (lux only) I really like the keyless entry, glass roof, perforated air conditioned leather seats with memory & power tailgate. Auto park and mood lights are waste of time. We only had to add spare & adaptive lights.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just the colour - HSE is a darker grey whereas Lux is a silvery grey along with some other trim pieces which does look smart on Corris Grey for sure. I went for the HSE and added the seats and bits I wanted - seemed a better way to go at the time.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More differences. OK - no idea if they're options or standard on the Lux but..

Mood lighting. Nope, you can keep it. Bright red glow from around the tonka-toy knob, illuminating all the stuff that's going to spill out of the front cubby when you next go around a bend. Don't like. Found "off" - much better. Could barely see the coloured strip on the door anyway because of...

White lights in the door handles, on all the time, so a pool of brightness in your peripheral vision. No problem when on street-lit roads but a pain on country lanes. Doesn't appear possible to turn it off either.

That silly gimmick where the front fog light on the inside side as you go around a corner? That. Also not possible to turn off that I have yet discovered.

Auto-High-Beam. I do have this on mine but never tried it. Now I know I'm not missing anything. Actually, it does dip faster than the wife but not as fast as I do, and it keeps dipping for oncoming road signs! And when you try to make it dip sooner, it doesn't work!

Sonar sideways as well as front and back. So you get all-around "something is close" warning. I guess it's a bit of a help but not a huge amount - and anyway the whole system has gone US on the loan car, annoyingly it pops up on the main screen to tell me this every few minutes, not just when doing low-speed wiggles, doesn't seem possible to make it go away and stay away.

·
Registered
353 Posts
May seem a silly question but what is an auto dimming interior mirror? My thought is that the rear view mirror dims when someone is behind you and they have forgotten to dip their headlights. Never had it on a car before and just wondered. :oops:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rickyk74 said:
May seem a silly question but what is an auto dimming interior mirror? My thought is that the rear view mirror dims when someone is behind you and they have forgotten to dip their headlights. Never had it on a car before and just wondered. :oops:
Been standard on our last trhee or four cars so I didn't notice it. It works.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.