Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collect my car on Wednesday and have just printed off its build information off topix. It says power 8-way driver seat adjustment. The HSE LUX is supposed to have 10 way adjustment, can someone with this model please confirm what seats they have fitted.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the heated and cooled front seats and heated back seats but topix says 8 way adjustment not 10. Topix is the land rover system that shows what the car has on it, would be grateful if somebody who has a Lux can check their build on Topix to see what it says regarding their seats.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that Charles but if you create an account in topix and put in your chassis number it shows the build information for your car. I know it should have 10 way adjustment but in topix it says 8 way against my chassis number, just wanted to see what it says for other people and what seats they actually got. The Lux is supposed to have premium carpet mats but some people on the forum say their cars arrived with incorrect mats.

Will phone dealer tomorrow for him to check before I pick the car up on Wednesday.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Interesting. Is the seat only 8 way? Think the 9th and 10th is the seat base tilts up and down.
Not got my car and tried to register on topix for interest but i cannot log in for some reason.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is a LUX and the topix system says mine is POWER 8-WAY DRIVER SEAT ADJUST

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nubmaster, I assume that it does adjust "10" ways, bit odd that Topix says 8 way, will still query with dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hi philn,
As far as I'm aware 9 and 10 are the lumbar support. At least that's what I'm getting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
philn said:
It has the heated and cooled front seats and heated back seats but topix says 8 way adjustment not 10. Topix is the land rover system that shows what the car has on it, would be grateful if somebody who has a Lux can check their build on Topix to see what it says regarding their seats.
Mine's not a Lux but I ordered the 10 way memory seats; TOPIx had mine listed as 8 way which had me concerned, but I was relieved to find that the extra adjustment direction at the front of the seat (not fitted to the 8 way seats that are standard on HSE spec) was indeed there - first thing I checked on seeing the car!

·
Registered
81 Posts
TugPilot said:
but I was relieved to find that the extra adjustment direction at the front of the seat
Do we have an extra button then ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
No extra button, unless you count the vertical movement of the front of the horizontal button, which lifts/lowers the front (only) of the seat to adjust the angle of the seat. The standard electric seat does not do this - same button but no vertical movement of the front part of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the MY17 HSE Lux and whilst the lateral movement of the lumber support can be heard and seen nothing appears to happen when attempting to adjust the supports height. Would appreciate any info from owners on the issue.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I could never get the lumber height to adjust and that was with the 10 way seats ... I don't think it does

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I didn't think the height of the lumbar support can be adjusted either. I think the system is based on an inflatable air bag whereas the support systems which allow different heights are based on a type of metal grid (that's the best way I can describe it I'm afraid). The latter is not very common and also much more expensive to produce.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes the landrover literature isn't very accurate... the lumber height is or was in the manual . The other thing I noticed was the lumber support doesn't memorise with the seat memory positions.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check your Topix again you should see something like this, which is a screen dump of my Topix for MY17 HSE Lux

Rectangle Font Circle Art Number

This shows 8 weight seat adjustment plus 2 way lumbar, now when I went to school 8 + 2 = 10.

All this is a bit of a marketing con, the seat goes up and down and this is counted as 2 adjustments, backwards and forwards and all other adjustments similarly, so in reality you only get a 5 way adjustment if you have lumbar support, and 4 way if you don't.

My electrically adjustable lumbar support works OK, very obvious when you adjust it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts