Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete
I would be grateful if you could help explain the situation with the HSE Lux car Mats and their replacement.
I have had the mats replaced today and like others have been told that whilst the dealer would be happy for me to retain them LR are dealing with this as a Warranty Claim. I do fully accept that this is only returning me to the original position, ie correct mats, but it just seems an inconsistent approach when some people are keeping them and other are having to return them?
What are LR going to do with all the 2nd hand floor mats, should I keep an eye on eBay!

Regards

GPC

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Pete

Just to back up GPC as far as I am aware all the Hse lux models are being fitted with incorrect mats, topix on my car said mats with leather edge which are not the premium ones the brochure shows.
I would have thought that as a gesture of goodwill for fitting the incorrect mats he should be able to keep them and as he says they are second hand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
GPC said:
Pete
I would be grateful if you could help explain the situation with the HSE Lux car Mats and their replacement.
I have had the mats replaced today and like others have been told that whilst the dealer would be happy for me to retain them LR are dealing with this as a Warranty Claim. I do fully accept that this is only returning me to the original position, ie correct mats, but it just seems an inconsistent approach when some people are keeping them and other are having to return them?
What are LR going to do with all the 2nd hand floor mats, should I keep an eye on eBay!

Regards

GPC
Pete,
Any chance this is going to be rectified at the factory soon? It would avoid all this aggro and inconsistency.
Cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine turned up at the Dealers last week with NO car Mats :evil: None ! not even the wrong ones. not even in the boot.

I've tried explaining this now several times but i think the dealer is under the inpression i'm trying to get £170 car mats for FREE !

Which is annoying, baring in mind ive Just bought a HSE Lux with Steps, Roof rails, adaptives and other items totaling a fair sum of money.
It's annoying.

Very very annoying,

If i had to reject a car because of Mats would that be absurd.
Some one needs to draw attention to this.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

In order for the retailer to provide the correct mats where a mistake has been made and the wrong ones provided, this would require the incorrect mats to be returned as part of the process.

I am unfortunately unable to account for any situations where this has not been done and the responsibility for returning the incorrect mats would be the responsibility of the retailer.

Chalky, could you please PM me with your contact details and the details of your selling retailer so I can investigate this further for you.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
86 Posts
my dealer didnt want the old mats back, what use are they? No correct spec car has "sport" with tan edged mats and they are dirtyish.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Pete

Surely the customer should be able to keep the other mats as a way of saying sorry for THEIR error, it seems very petty of them to take the OLD ones back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep dealer wanted my old mats but seemed unsure of the process so was just going to return them as a warranty claim I believe.

·
Registered
232 Posts
But why would you want the original wrong mats? Either keep the Old mats or accept new and hand the others back. Seems fair to me. What Land Rover do with them is up to them. Probably send them for recycling, or put them in R and D cars. Maybe they can claim some tax back. Who knows? That's their business.

When I had a manufacturer replace four wheels under warranty I didn't expect the originals back. Neither did I expect to find a blown turbo in a box in the boot on another car I had a problem with. Why would I.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Loopylumpy said:
But why would you want the original wrong mats? Either keep the Old mats or accept new and hand the others back. Seems fair to me. What Land Rover do with them is up to them. Probably send them for recycling, or put them in R and D cars. Maybe they can claim some tax back. Who knows? That's their business.

When I had a manufacturer replace four wheels under warranty I didn't expect the originals back. Neither did I expect to find a blown turbo in a box in the boot on another car I had a problem with. Why would I.
Not a big deal but I'm leaving the original sport mats in the car for the winter and I'll put the nice lux mats in next Spring. I too had a bit of a discsussion with the dealer but they eventually saw my point of view :roll:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Loopylumpy said:

As an apology for not providing what we have paid for.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think you are owed an apology. But you appear to want compensation.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Loopylumpy said:
I think you are owed an apology. But you appear to want compensation.
Not at all, my issue was sorted in April when I collected my car, just trying to help other owners who are having the same issue 8 months on, if you think that is acceptable then that is up to you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had the same issue. Dealer sorted it by providing the correct mats, but let me retain the wrong ones which were of course used by that stage.

But an absolute joke that LR have failed to resolve this problem after so long......you pay a hefty premium to upgrade to the top-end Lux model.....you should get what is advertised.

Am incredibly frustrated by the whole LR buying experience, various car faults, and inability to rectify. The wrong mats is trivial in the big scheme of things, but exacerbates the impression of LR incompetence when shelling out £45k on a new car.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Agree with everything you say Sprower, it is obvious that they are never going to sort this issue and there are many owners out there who aren't aware they have been ripped off. Some owners have had the used ones taken off them for "stocktaking" purposes- unbelievable.

It seems that Pete has now disappeared off this forum, LR way seems to be ignore things and they will go away.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi philn

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments and can assure you that this matter has been fed back within the business and has been addressed.

However, should anyone have a concern regarding the mats supplied with their vehicle, they can feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to look into this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hi philn

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments and can assure you that this matter has been fed back within the business and has been addressed.

However, should anyone have a concern regarding the mats supplied with their vehicle, they can feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to look into this.

Regards

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, hope this sorts the matter. My car was delivered with incorrect mats in April and recent deliveries still had same issue. The build spec for my car was incorrect and obviously hadn't been rectified, hopefully it has noe.

Regards Phil

1 - 20 of 56 Posts